FRAM71 for HP-71B
Are there any news on this project?

Günter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2014, 02:19 AM
RE: FRAM71 for HP-71B
The last news from Hans is here.
He said he will let us know when it's ready.
I am also eagerly awaiting his FRAM71 module.
Best regards,
Sylvain
04-12-2014, 07:35 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2014 07:37 PM by Hans Brueggemann.)
(04-08-2014 05:07 PM)Guenter Schink Wrote:  Are there any news on this project?

yes, after having one module "in the wild" now, and some late bugs being discovered and ironed out (thanks to paul berger for hunting them down!), a prelim manual is available for the inclined reader. i have 10 modules ready for final testing, but i'm still not fully satisfied with the front bezel.

hans
04-12-2014, 08:03 PM
(04-12-2014 07:35 PM)Hans Brueggemann Wrote:  yes, after having one module "in the wild" now, and some late bugs being discovered and ironed out (thanks to paul berger for hunting them down!), a prelim manual is available for the inclined reader. i have 10 modules ready for final testing, but i'm still not fully satisfied with the front bezel.

hans

Thanks Hans, hope its available for all of us pretty soon.

Günter
04-12-2014, 09:25 PM
The FRAM71 is a fantastic addition to the 71B. It will displace you card reader but you will hardly miss it. Thanks to Hans' wonderful creation, I now have a 71B running the latest version of firmware, a fully functional forth/assembler module as as much RAM as I can possibly cram into a 71B. With all that RAM available, the contents of ROM modules may be loaded as a lex file (I have done this with the math module) or loaded into a freed port (as I did with the soft part of the forth module). One nice thing about putting things into a freed port is the FRAM memory that Hans uses is non-volitile so it will even survive if power is removed completely, whne you restore power the contents will be intact and the OS will recognize it as a freed port and leave it as it.
04-17-2014, 04:03 AM
Hi Hans, all,

Thanks for the up-to-date info and doc link.

I'm affraid 10 units won't be enough... :-)

Look forward to reading from you soon again.

All the best.

Diego

"Do not suppose, check it twice."

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)