Photos Run Out of Memory
02-01-2018, 06:11 AM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2018 06:12 AM by toml_12953.)
Photos Run Out of Memory
I have several photos (using DIMGROB_P and BLIT_P) that displayed OK in the betas but now I get an Insufficient memory message. Is there a program to convert jpg files to a format the new firmware can use? The program I was using creates files for the old color depth.

Tom L
Cui bono?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2018, 07:51 AM
RE: Photos Run Out of Memory
(02-01-2018 06:11 AM)toml_12953 Wrote:  I have several photos (using DIMGROB_P and BLIT_P) that displayed OK in the betas but now I get an Insufficient memory message. Is there a program to convert jpg files to a format the new firmware can use? The program I was using creates files for the old color depth.

I confirm.
Yesterday I was tried some color photos provided by Joe Horn, about 300-800 kb and everyone run out of memory also...
Maybe some collateral effect with the new FW in some routine...

Salvo

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-01-2018, 10:47 AM
(02-01-2018 07:51 AM)salvomic Wrote:  
(02-01-2018 06:11 AM)toml_12953 Wrote:  I have several photos (using DIMGROB_P and BLIT_P) that displayed OK in the betas but now I get an Insufficient memory message. Is there a program to convert jpg files to a format the new firmware can use? The program I was using creates files for the old color depth.

I confirm.
Yesterday I was tried some color photos provided by Joe Horn, about 300-800 kb and everyone run out of memory also...
Maybe some collateral effect with the new FW in some routine...

Salvo

Molte grazie! I thought I might be doing something wrong or my hardware had bad RAM or something. Now, though, I know I can wait for a fix.

Tom L
Cui bono?
02-01-2018, 05:30 PM
PHP Code:
EXPORT ab()
BEGIN
 DIMGROB_P
(G4,320,240,RGB(255,255,255));
END

out of memory

all my programs crash with DIMGROB command at the second run, not in the first
02-01-2018, 09:18 PM
(02-01-2018 05:30 PM)fabila Wrote:  
PHP Code:
EXPORT ab()
BEGIN
 DIMGROB_P
(G4,320,240,RGB(255,255,255));
END

out of memory

all my programs crash with DIMGROB command at the second run, not in the first

Tengo el mismo problema con la actualización de la apps para iphone. En la anterior versión todos los programas con graficos trabajan perfectamente y ahora la primera vez que se ejecuta corre bien pero la segunda vez se aborta o indica memoria insuficiente.El problema que en el iphone no puedo volver a la versión anterior. A ver cuando de estos sabios de HP solucionan el grave problema.

I have the same problem with updating the apps for iphone. In the previous version all programs with graphics work perfectly and now the first time it runs it runs fine but the second time it aborts or indicates insufficient memory. The problem that on the iPhone I can not go back to the previous version. Let's see when these wise men from HP solve the serious problem.
02-02-2018, 06:18 AM
Hello,

Someone else posted a message related to this a couple of days and I found the issue.
Unfortunately, the fact that I found the issue does not help you here :-(

However, I also found a workaround.

DIMGROB will err if called twice with the same size.
Workaround:
IFERR DIMGROB ... THEN END; is one solution
IF GROBW_P(grob)!=MySize THEN DIMGROB() END. is another.

Sorry about this.

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
02-02-2018, 01:23 PM
(02-02-2018 06:18 AM)cyrille de brébisson Wrote:  However, I also found a workaround.

DIMGROB will err if called twice with the same size.
Workaround:
IFERR DIMGROB ... THEN END; is one solution
IF GROBW_P(grob)!=MySize THEN DIMGROB() END. is another.

The most appropriate thing for many will be to wait for the launch of a correction, the calculator in my field is very recognized by third-party programs and apps, for its striking interfaces. If we have to adjust the DIMGROB in all those cases, I think we'd better wait for an next release, in my case I will not modify what I created, nor will I give this as an alternative.

A good job has been achieved, many of us are comfortable with it.

Viga C | TD | FB
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-02-2018, 06:19 PM
(02-02-2018 06:18 AM)cyrille de brébisson Wrote:  Sorry about this.

Cyrille

Misteaks (sic) happen.

Hey, if you were perfect, we'd be praying to you!

Tom L
Cui bono?
02-02-2018, 09:21 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2018 09:24 PM by DrD.)
Quote:Misteaks (sic) happen.

Hey, if you were perfect, we'd be praying to you!

We need to get this problem fixed soon ... maybe we should be praying FOR him!
02-02-2018, 09:42 PM
The problem is not time to correct it (took a few minutes once pointed out), but time to get all the correct people to buy off on the plan and then run through a full test cycle to validate releases. Always becomes a trade off for limited time...

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)