Resetting the Prime
03-30-2014, 07:20 AM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2014 07:36 AM by Tugdual.)
Resetting the Prime
Since the Prime would regularly go into unknown unstable state, I'm used to "Symb - On" it (modern portable version of Control Alt Sup...).
Problem is:
Soft reset: keep On pressed and tap Sym
Recovery mode: press Sym first then On and you're in recovery mode

Problem is that when you enter recovery mode there is no way to exit it and you may not always have a thin object to hard reset the Prime (another student killer, can't think how you would feel during an exam).
Does anybody know if there is a way to exit the recovery mode with a combination of keys?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2014, 07:37 AM
RE: Resetting the Prime
Unfortunately, there are only 3 ways I know of to get out of there.

1) Pin
2) Pull the battery
3) Send a specific command over the usb

Basically, if the bootloader hits the SYMB key on boot it drops into the update mode.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
03-30-2014, 08:38 AM
What is the "specific command?"

(03-30-2014 07:37 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Unfortunately, there are only 3 ways I know of to get out of there.

1) Pin
2) Pull the battery

Basically, if the bootloader hits the SYMB key on boot it drops into the update mode.
03-30-2014, 04:30 PM
(03-30-2014 07:37 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Unfortunately, there are only 3 ways I know of to get out of there.

1) Pin
2) Pull the battery

Hi Tim, thanks for your answer (wow we get support on Sunday that is dedication!)
Would it be possible in the next versions of the firmware to have two very distinct key patterns to avoid a confusion in between soft reset and recovery mode?
03-30-2014, 10:43 PM
(03-30-2014 04:30 PM)Tugdual Wrote:  Would it be possible in the next versions of the firmware to have two very distinct key patterns to avoid a confusion in between soft reset and recovery mode?

Bonjour, Tugdual,
Your statement subtly implies that new firmware versions will be released... I have faith as well on that! Smile

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

03-31-2014, 05:37 AM
(03-30-2014 10:43 PM)jebem Wrote:  
(03-30-2014 04:30 PM)Tugdual Wrote:  Would it be possible in the next versions of the firmware to have two very distinct key patterns to avoid a confusion in between soft reset and recovery mode?

Bonjour, Tugdual,
Your statement subtly implies that new firmware versions will be released... I have faith as well on that! Smile
Ha ha Jebem you made me laugh. I suppose there are enough issues pending to justify another release...
03-31-2014, 06:05 AM
Hahaha but thinking on ways to improve the prime "ctrl+alt+del" defeats the main purpose of the upgrade itself. Maybe that's the main feature of the wireless dongle: "do you want to send info about the crash?"

My website: erwin.ried.cl
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)