HP Forums
GUISVL / GUIMES : Pimp Your Equation Solver. - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: GUISVL / GUIMES : Pimp Your Equation Solver. (/thread-974.html)

GUISVL / GUIMES : Pimp Your Equation Solver. - Software49g - 03-24-2014 04:17 PM

Hello,

have a look here

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TnXMJrdE6w)
(HP 50G Pimp Your Solver)
to see how you can pimp your solver.

If you crunch a lot of numbers then this is the right tool for you!
Customize GUISLV / GUIMES to your needs and solve equations as you like it.

Features:
- customizable layout
- rapid data entry
- direct unit conversion
- lots of predefined units
- sorting of variables
- supports all fonts
- fast
- etc.

Available soon on my webpage (will be announced in due course there).

And for those who want to customize their Equation Library take a look at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUb7EbivCJE
(HP 50G Multi Lingual Pack - Customize Your Equation Library.)

Enjoy,
Andreas

RE: GUISVL / GUIMES : Pimp Your Equation Solver. - Michael Lopez - 03-25-2014 09:33 AM

Thanks Andreas & looks interesting.

Will this be compatible with the OS Extension pack?

Cheers,

Michael

RE: GUISVL / GUIMES : Pimp Your Equation Solver. - Jake Schwartz - 03-25-2014 02:52 PM

Hi Andreas,

Kudos to you for not giving up on the 50g; being 8 years old, but remaining the "king of the hill" in the RPL world. Your work continues to be very impressive.

Thanks

RE: GUISVL / GUIMES : Pimp Your Equation Solver. - Software49g - 03-25-2014 04:34 PM

Hello,

@Jake
Thanks for your kind word.
Again, updating the 50g (HW&SW) would be easy, but I guess it won't happen...

@Michael
That's the whole point, so yes.
GUISLV/GUIMES is/will be available as a stand alone product and available as part of the MLP/OSE.
However, updating the binaries need some time and I am not in a hurry ;-)

Enjoy,
Andreas

RE: GUISVL / GUIMES : Pimp Your Equation Solver. - Software49g - 04-05-2014 08:45 PM

Hello,

my HP Solve replacement aka GUISLV / GUIMES is available now ;-)

Enjoy,
Andreas

RE: GUISVL / GUIMES : Pimp Your Equation Solver. - Michael Lopez - 04-06-2014 11:13 AM

Hi Andreas,

Noticed you have also released an update to the O.S. Extension Pack with the same release date as your GUISLV / GUIMES package (5/4/2014). Does this mean that if I update the O.S. Extension Pack that the HP Solve replacement will also be up to date?

Thanks,

Michael

RE: GUISVL / GUIMES : Pimp Your Equation Solver. - Software49g - 04-09-2014 09:25 PM

Hello,

GUISLV / GUISMES is up to date
- as stand alone product
- as part of the MLP
- as part of the MLP with help for all commands for all languages
- as part of the OSE
- as part of the OSE with help for all commands in English only

http://www.software49g.gmxhome.de/Updates.htm

HTH,
Andreas

RE: GUISVL / GUIMES : Pimp Your Equation Solver. - qwerty42 - 04-11-2014 01:47 AM

I have no affiliation with Andreas, but I wanted to put in a good word for his OS Extension Pack and the integrated help software for the 50G.

If you guys out there are students or professional engineers and still use your 50g a lot for number crunching and quick equation solving, you should really consider trying his software. It's an add-on that installs over the stock HP rom, and improves functionality of certain things like the equation solvers and adds extra functionality that really should have been there from the get-go. I have 2 50g's, and though I liked them a lot before purchasing Andreas' software, I think his software takes them to the realm of what we all hoped HP would have done in the first place.

The 50G is a complex beast, and the integrated help information for every command with examples is REALLY nice to have on-board. Also, his improvements to the equation library and solver are really convenient and very well-done, and really make the 50G a joy to use. I own 2 TI-89s, a TI Nspire CX CAS, two 50g's, and a handful of other calculators, and with Andreas' extension pack I feel the 50g is by far the best of the bunch for 95% of my needs.

Again, I'm not associated with him or his software in any way, other than having purchased it and being a satisfied user. Surely it takes a huge amount of time to code it and keep improving it, and I doubt that what he makes on it even begins to cover his time invested. If you're on the fence, give it a try, I don't think you'll be disappointed, and you'll be supporting one of the few people who is still pushing the 50g to new limits.

Josh

RE: GUISVL / GUIMES : Pimp Your Equation Solver. - Michael Lopez - 04-19-2014 12:53 AM

Hi all,

Also have no affiliation whatsoever with Andreas & fully agree with Josh's comments.

I use the OS Extension pack with built-in GUISLV/GUISMES on all three of my HP50Gs & find it a significant improvement over the original applications & well worth what Andreas charges for the software.

Cheers,

Michael

RE: GUISVL / GUIMES : Pimp Your Equation Solver. - Nigel (UK) - 04-22-2014 06:18 PM

Another satisfied customer here. Not only is the "help for all commands" invaluable on such a complex machine, but now I can use the multiple equation solver without my head exploding! When I once did something stupid with the installation Andreas replied at once with a solution. The updates keep coming, too. Excellent value!

(Again, no affiliation.)

Nigel (UK)

RE: GUISVL / GUIMES : Pimp Your Equation Solver. - Software49g - 07-05-2014 12:04 PM

Hello,

this just a short reminder that there is a maintenance update available for my MLP/OSE which mostly fixes some minor bugs if you use the machine in algebraic mode.
http://www.software49g.gmxhome.de/Updates.htm

Enjoy,
Andreas