HP Forums
HP Prime Splash Screen - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: HP Prime Splash Screen (/thread-969.html)

HP Prime Splash Screen - Alberto Candel - 03-24-2014 12:13 AM

Hello,
I wonder if there is a way to eliminate (or reduce display time of) the splash screen of the HP Prime.

What about replacing it with other images?

Thank you

-a

RE: HP Prime Splash Screen - cyrille de brébisson - 03-24-2014 06:33 AM

Hello,

Nope, sorry.
The splash screen is hardcodded in the OS and is there during the time used by the system to load the application from Flash to RAM (around 6s)...

Cyrille

RE: HP Prime Splash Screen - Cristian Arezzini - 03-28-2014 10:30 AM

(03-24-2014 12:13 AM)Alberto Candel Wrote:  Hello,
I wonder if there is a way to eliminate (or reduce display time of) the splash screen of the HP Prime.

What about replacing it with other images?

Thank you

-a

Are you talking of the splash screen you get after a reboot, or the shorter one you get every time you turn on the calculator?
About the latter, I have noticed that you can start typing numbers "blind" while the splash screen is displayed, and the numbers are correctly entered in the command line.

RE: HP Prime Splash Screen - Alberto Candel - 03-28-2014 03:41 PM

Hi,
I was talking about the HP splash when turning it on. It feels it takes forever!

RE: HP Prime Splash Screen - Tim Wessman - 03-28-2014 03:48 PM

Yup, it isn't just decoration. The whole OS is being loaded into RAM. Unfortunately...

If you think that is bad, you should turn on an Nspire. Jump to 4:35 or so to see it boot.

Compared to that, Prime is a speed demon! :-)

RE: HP Prime Splash Screen - Cristian Arezzini - 03-28-2014 03:52 PM

(03-28-2014 03:41 PM)Alberto Candel Wrote:  Hi,
I was talking about the HP splash when turning it on. It feels it takes forever!

Hm... On my Prime, it lasts noticeably less than a second, hardly forever. Is it just a matter of personal "sensitivity" or are we seeing different things?

RE: HP Prime Splash Screen - eried - 03-28-2014 04:08 PM

(03-28-2014 03:41 PM)Alberto Candel Wrote:  Hi,

Maybe you are talking about the first start up after it crashes? I think that one do something different (the animation with the circle eq); or at least I hope does something rather than being a longer delay.