HP Forums
Can not update firmware after windows10 is updated - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Can not update firmware after windows10 is updated (/thread-8513.html)

Can not update firmware after windows10 is updated - wangchong01 - 06-16-2017 05:05 AM

After I updated my computer to windows10.15063, the computer can't recognize any calculator in recovery mode. I've tried every USB port and another computer but it didn't help. There will be a device called "USB storage device" in the device list, but there will be no new drive displayed. When I tried installing a windows7 to my computer,it worked. So I think you can't update a firmware with the latest version of windows. You should be aware of it.

RE: Can not update firmware after windows10 is updated - Tim Wessman - 06-16-2017 04:07 PM

We've tested in our test lab on several computers from different vendors with the latest win10 updates just yesterday in response to this and see no problems - everything works fine. Undecided

I honestly have no idea what might be going strange for you.

RE: Can not update firmware after windows10 is updated - wangchong01 - 06-20-2017 05:03 AM

Hello,
I have tested the update with two windows 10 computers. They were upgraded from the version 10586. The calculator with firmware above 10637 could be upgraded. However, when a calculator in the recovery mode is plugged, the computer will display "waiting for connection...".