HP Forums
HP Prime spares - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: HP Prime spares (/thread-8285.html)

HP Prime spares - Bipman - 05-02-2017 09:48 AM

Hi

I have been given a defunct HP Prime and wondered if spares were available. I know it's one of the boards inside so just need to replace it. Might be overly expensive though.

Bipman

RE: HP Prime spares - toml_12953 - 05-02-2017 12:04 PM

(05-02-2017 09:48 AM)Bipman Wrote:  Hi

I have been given a defunct HP Prime and wondered if spares were available. I know it's one of the boards inside so just need to replace it. Might be overly expensive though.

Bipman

It'll probably cost as much as a new one. These things aren't made to be repaired.

Tom L

P.S. You say it's defunct. Was it ever funct? Smile

RE: HP Prime spares - Bipman - 05-02-2017 12:09 PM

Unless I can pick up a broken one for free or small money!

RE: HP Prime spares - toml_12953 - 05-02-2017 01:15 PM

(05-02-2017 12:09 PM)Bipman Wrote:  Unless I can pick up a broken one for free or small money!

I have a hardware rev. C with low-contrast keyboard you could have (free) but, unfortunately it's not broken. You only want a broken one, right?

Tom L

RE: HP Prime spares - Bipman - 05-02-2017 01:30 PM

Yeah, broken is best. Thanks for the offer but a free working one might be better used by someone less fortunate. Not that I'm Mr. Richy Rich or anything!

Bipman

RE: HP Prime spares - eried - 05-02-2017 01:36 PM

(05-02-2017 01:30 PM)Bipman Wrote:  Yeah, broken is best. Thanks for the offer but a free working one might be better used by someone less fortunate. Not that I'm Mr. Richy Rich or anything!

Bipman

Do you know what is wrong with the one you have?

RE: HP Prime spares - Bipman - 05-02-2017 01:41 PM

Yes, the main board inside with the arm chip on is fried. Looks like someone either plugged the wrong cable in and then tried to repair it or the wrong voltage killed some components. I presume this would be the most expensive part to get hence my looking for a broken one. Of course a broken one might also have this board broken so it would be a gamble unless I swap the display for another part etc. but this seems remote.

Bipman

RE: HP Prime spares - eried - 05-02-2017 07:08 PM

(05-02-2017 01:41 PM)Bipman Wrote:  Yes, the main board inside with the arm chip on is fried. Looks like someone either plugged the wrong cable in and then tried to repair it or the wrong voltage killed some components. I presume this would be the most expensive part to get hence my looking for a broken one. Of course a broken one might also have this board broken so it would be a gamble unless I swap the display for another part etc. but this seems remote.

Bipman

I would start following the VCC line from the power controller/USB with a multitester. Maybe there is a component that burned earlier than "the most expensive part" Smile

RE: HP Prime spares - Bipman - 05-02-2017 07:10 PM

Unfortunately it is quite visible on the main board with components obviously burnt or at least bubbling under heat and when I tested for power, it was going nowhere.

Bipman