HP Forums
project HP-PRIME CAS in the classroom - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: project HP-PRIME CAS in the classroom (/thread-7717.html)

project HP-PRIME CAS in the classroom - compsystems - 02-04-2017 04:28 PM

Hello, hp-prime developer team.

Sorry for my bad English

I want to start a project in my universityapply CAS technology in the classroom, especially with calculators.

The institution will acquire a full lab of Hewlett-Packard calculators plus a physics lab kit.

My previous and current requests for upgrades on the CAS and user interface on HP-Prime are intended to get better results of the project, I hope they can be incorporated into future firmware versions

A list of important requests

1: Improve the history view (PRETTY-PRINT)
In the following graph it is observed that the expressions of extraction of elements with AT is not a standard mathematical notation, please improve the view as a subscript since the current one is very confusing for the students

[Image: project_CAS_in_the_classroom_image00.png]

[Image: project_CAS_in_the_classroom_image01.png]

2: I will create some scripts, programs, documents, videos etc. in spanish, but I need some new incoming commands on the history as ENTRY (#) ANSWER (#).

The code in the following script would be reduced and would be easier to understand if the ENTRY (#) ANSWER (#) commands were built-in.

PHP Code:
x^22*};
subst(Ans[2],Ans[1]);
x^2*3
Ans - (2*3); //returns (-2*x-3+x^2) = (2*x+3-2*x-3)
simplifyAns ); //returns (x^2-2*x-3) = 0
factor(Ans); //returns (x-3)*(x+1) = 0
{ (part(left(Ans),1)) = 0,(part(left(Ans),2)) = //returns { x-3 = 0, x+1 = 0 }
Ans[1]+3Ans[2]-}; //returns {(x-3+3) = 3, x = -1}
simplifyAns ); //returns { x = 3, x = -1 };
subst(x^2Ans[1]); //returns y=9
subst(x^2, {x=3y=9}); //returns 9=9 (verdad)
3= -};
subst(x^2Ans[2]); //returns y=1
subst(x^2, {x=-1y=1}); //returns 1=1 (verdad) 

3: It is required that the terminal view, print in PRETTY-PRINT and can read a data from it, for the purpose of creating educational programs step by step and easy coding

Thanks

RE: project HP-PRIME CAS in the classroom - Jan_D - 02-13-2017 04:10 PM

(02-04-2017 04:28 PM)compsystems Wrote:  3: It is required that the terminal view, print in PRETTY-PRINT and can read a data from it, for the purpose of creating educational programs step by step and easy coding

Instead of using the PRINT command, an alternative is writing towards the Spreadsheet, e.g Spreadsheet.Cell(2,3):=4.23.

You can also read from the Spreadsheet.

You can adjust the format to Textbook (pretty – print) and write CAS formulas like sin(x)/x.

In CAS view by Spreadsheet.Cell(2,3):= sin(x)/x

And in Home view by: Spreadsheet.Cell(2,3):= CAS(“sin(x)/x”)