HP Forums
HP Integral PC - How to view file sizes - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: HP Integral PC - How to view file sizes (/thread-7505.html)

HP Integral PC - How to view file sizes - hpcalcuser83 - 01-02-2017 06:15 PM

I am starting to write some Basic programs on my HP Integral PC and found that I do not know how to view the sizes of files on a disc. I can view the list of file names in the PAM window, but not sure how to view the file names such that their sizes are also displayed. I have reviewed a number of HP IPC documents, but can not seem to find this information. Thanks.
-Gil

RE: HP Integral PC - How to view file sizes - vassilisprevelakis - 01-14-2017 12:10 AM

Hi,

I am *very* rusty on the Integral as I haven't used mine for a couple of years.

But I recall that you can open a shell window from PAM and there you can use the Unix
ls -l
command to view the file sizes.

BTW the hpmuseum.net has lots of Integral diskette images and I have a bunch as well.

Have lots of fun with the Integral PC, its very cute.

**vp

RE: HP Integral PC - How to view file sizes - Namir - 01-14-2017 12:41 AM

(01-02-2017 06:15 PM)hpcalcuser83 Wrote:  I am starting to write some Basic programs on my HP Integral PC and found that I do not know how to view the sizes of files on a disc. I can view the list of file names in the PAM window, but not sure how to view the file names such that their sizes are also displayed. I have reviewed a number of HP IPC documents, but can not seem to find this information. Thanks.
-Gil

Which dialect of BASIC are you working with?

Namir

RE: HP Integral PC - How to view file sizes - vassilisprevelakis - 01-14-2017 12:56 AM

BTW does the command
CAT TO A$(*)

where A$ is "allocated" with ALLOCATE A$(1:100)[80]

work with your Basic?

Also as I mentioned above (but not very clearly), you may be able to use the Unix ls -l command
with EXECUTE "ls -l > /tmp/file"

Like I said, I am very rusty and these may not work with your version of HP Basic.

**vp

RE: HP Integral PC - How to view file sizes - hpcalcuser83 - 01-14-2017 01:01 AM

Hi. I am using HP Technical Basic for the Integral PC. I did some homework with the manuals from the HP Computer Museum and found that they recommend for a one disk drive system that the user copy the 'l-' command file from the utilities disk onto the disk that you would like to view the file sizes. I have not tried this yet, but will soon. Thanks for the help.