HP Forums
Error on virtual calculator and conn kit in Surface Pro 4 - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Error on virtual calculator and conn kit in Surface Pro 4 (/thread-6830.html)

Error on virtual calculator and conn kit in Surface Pro 4 - eried - 09-11-2016 01:57 PM

Hello, I don't know if there is a known workaround but I cant run virtual calculator nor conn kit in my Surface Pro without getting to an error loop:

[Image: HP6tLhPtwF.png]

I remember something about this but I cant find it anymore :/ probably a dll is missing?

RE: Error on virtual calculator and conn kit in Surface Pro 4 - Tim Wessman - 09-12-2016 01:58 PM

This actually seems to be a conflict specific to surface units (v3/4 only) and has been reported by other surface users here since the update. I am guessing some sort of strange interaction with a specific hardware configuration unique to those models. It is being investigated.

RE: Error on virtual calculator and conn kit in Surface Pro 4 - eried - 09-13-2016 12:46 PM

(09-12-2016 01:58 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  This actually seems to be a conflict specific to surface units (v3/4 only) and has been reported by other surface users here since the update. I am guessing some sort of strange interaction with a specific hardware configuration unique to those models. It is being investigated.

Oh, cool. Thanks for the answer. So basically they don't work at all with this pc?

I will take a look tonight

RE: Error on virtual calculator and conn kit in Surface Pro 4 - Tim Wessman - 09-15-2016 06:22 PM

Ok, the problem here seems to be that on certain devices (such as the surface) you could get back an HID node from the OS with 0 for vendor ID and Product ID (not sure exactly why this is the case). This case would cause the IO code in the emu/connkit to match the "named pipe" object - yet since it was flagged as a USB object it would try to initialize the usb object as a named pipe and cause.... . . . trouble.

RE: Error on virtual calculator and conn kit in Surface Pro 4 - eried - 09-16-2016 04:18 PM

(09-15-2016 06:22 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Ok, the problem here seems to be that on certain devices (such as the surface) you could get back an HID node from the OS with 0 for vendor ID and Product ID (not sure exactly why this is the case). This case would cause the IO code in the emu/connkit to match the "named pipe" object - yet since it was flagged as a USB object it would try to initialize the usb object as a named pipe and cause.... . . . trouble.

Cool, thanks for letting us know Tim.