HP Forums
HP Prime on Android - how to get the title bar back? - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: HP Prime on Android - how to get the title bar back? (/thread-6471.html)

Pages: 1 2

HP Prime on Android - how to get the title bar back? - mtern - 06-28-2016 06:59 PM

Hello,

I recently bought the Hp Prime for Android app.
I find it's excellent software but I have a little problem i can't get through.
If I hide the title in the calculator using the corresponding option in the calculator app menu, the whole layout improves and adapts best to the phone layout (I'm using a Galaxy S6+ edge).
However I didn't find a way to get the title bar back. A similar issue on the virtual Prime for Pc is solved right clicking with the mouse, that gets that menu on screen.
But with the android device I couldn't have a similar effect.
The only successful action was to drop and reinstall the app from the android market.
Probabily I'm missing some obvious point.
Anyone could help?

Thankyou.
Marco.

RE: HP Prime on Android - how to get the title bar back? - Marcel - 06-28-2016 07:13 PM

Hi,
You have to touch or click between the keys and you will see the menu...
Marcel

RE: HP Prime on Android - how to get the title bar back? - Tim Wessman - 06-28-2016 09:07 PM

Swipe from left.

RE: HP Prime on Android - how to get the title bar back? - mtern - 06-29-2016 10:13 AM

Yes, swipe from left!

I tried everything but this didn't cross through my mind....

A big thank you to you guys...

Marco

RE: HP Prime on Android - how to get the title bar back? - josephec - 01-28-2018 04:55 AM

(06-28-2016 09:07 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Swipe from left.

Hi Tim
I just bought the hp prime for android version 13270...then I hiden the title bar .. and swiping from left does not restore the title.
Please let me know how to restore the title. Thanks

Best regards
Josephec

RE: HP Prime on Android - how to get the title bar back? - StephenG1CMZ - 01-28-2018 08:18 AM

Is the problem that the swipe from left is unusable? Or the swipe from left menu appears but doesn't work?

On Android I found that doing a swipe from left always used to work. But for the last 3 months or so instead I now have to rotate the phone to portrait mode ((with the Prime keys under the screen rather than side by side) and then do swipe from left.
http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-9299.html
If I do a swipe from left in landscape, I sometimes see a hint of the menu screen swiping in, but it is impossible to get the left menu to appear.and stay on screen - it seems like it wants me to swipe further than is possible. Previously, it worked fine in either orientation.

So try switching to portrait and it might work.

RE: HP Prime on Android - how to get the title bar back? - DA74254 - 01-28-2018 09:50 AM

In portrait it absolutely does not work on my phone (Cat s60) but it works in landscape.

So, if you're having trouble, orienting it to landscape might help Smile

RE: HP Prime on Android - how to get the title bar back? - StephenG1CMZ - 01-28-2018 12:11 PM

(01-28-2018 09:50 AM)DA74254 Wrote:  In portrait it absolutely does not work on my phone (Cat s60) but it works in landscape.

Ah good - It's not just me then.
I can stop worrying that my manual dexterity is not as good as it was - just my Prime/ Android.
The touchscreen sometimes seems less sensitive to keypresses too.
Had you used to be able to do it or has it never worked?

RE: HP Prime on Android - how to get the title bar back? - c0manche - 01-28-2018 02:25 PM

(01-28-2018 09:50 AM)DA74254 Wrote:  In portrait it absolutely does not work on my phone (Cat s60) but it works in landscape.

Thanks for the tip I could never get portrait mode swipe from the left to work.
I was always having to clear app data to get the title back, thanks a lot

RE: HP Prime on Android - how to get the title bar back? - josephec - 01-29-2018 01:11 AM

Yes. It works in landscape.. that would be enough.
Thanks and best regards
Josephec

RE: HP Prime on Android - how to get the title bar back? - Tim Wessman - 01-29-2018 02:21 AM

Are these phones with curved edges having problems? If I recall, the edge is quite small pixel wise so that could explain why it is getting missed...

RE: HP Prime on Android - how to get the title bar back? - c0manche - 01-29-2018 04:01 AM

(01-29-2018 02:21 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Are these phones with curved edges having problems? If I recall, the edge is quite small pixel wise so that could explain why it is getting missed...

Yes Tim mine is the S7Edge with curved screen

RE: HP Prime on Android - how to get the title bar back? - cdodds - 01-29-2018 05:31 AM

I have an S8+. If I am landscape I can swipe anywhere on the left side. I am in portrait mode it only works from the left side at the very top of the screen where the title bar would be.

RE: HP Prime on Android - how to get the title bar back? - DA74254 - 01-29-2018 11:06 AM

(01-29-2018 02:21 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Are these phones with curved edges having problems? If I recall, the edge is quite small pixel wise so that could explain why it is getting missed...

I have a Cat s60. It's far from an "edge curved" phone. Actually the frame/bezel around the display is risen and abt 5mm or just under 1/4" on the sides.

To the other question, I thing I just once managed to get the menu back in portrait, but since it works perfectly in landscape, I don't bother fiddling for it in portrait as I seldom use the menu.

RE: HP Prime on Android - how to get the title bar back? - josephec - 01-29-2018 01:09 PM

Hi Tim, My phone is Samsung galaxy note 5, no curved edge. and I think the few pixels on left of screen not detect the left swipe.

Best regards!!
jose

RE: HP Prime on Android - how to get the title bar back? - wheazel - 11-04-2019 09:34 PM

hi people Smile
On my note, swiping from left in portrait mode only works, if I swipe in from the left upper corner.
Hope that helps,
greetings alex

RE: HP Prime on Android - how to get the title bar back? - Tim Wessman - 11-05-2019 11:24 AM

Note that with the new side screen navigation behavior, I will be just removing the top part "disappearing" so this should not be an issue any more...

RE: HP Prime on Android - how to get the title bar back? - goetz - 11-05-2019 03:25 PM

Tim, I hope that this means that we still can hide the title bar to have more space for the Prime's display and keys like in the current full screen mode? I like that all this space is used to make the Prime's relatively small display show as big as possible.

Alternatively, are there any plans for a zoom view that only shows the Prime's display and hides the keyboard (or most of it). Showing the Prime's display and nothing else in landscape mode would make it a nice big screen for touch input. Well, something I can still dream of. ?

RE: HP Prime on Android - how to get the title bar back? - Wes Loewer - 11-05-2019 06:00 PM

(11-05-2019 03:25 PM)goetz Wrote:  Tim, I hope that this means that we still can hide the title bar to have more space for the Prime's display and keys like in the current full screen mode? I like that all this space is used to make the Prime's relatively small display show as big as possible.

Agreed. On a smaller screen, hiding the title bars makes a noticeable difference in the button size and display size. Plus, it looks so much more like a real calculator with the everything else hidden.

RE: HP Prime on Android - how to get the title bar back? - StephenG1CMZ - 11-06-2019 12:40 AM

(11-05-2019 03:25 PM)goetz Wrote:  Tim, I hope that this means that we still can hide the title bar to have more space for the Prime's display and keys like in the current full screen mode? I like that all this space is used to make the Prime's relatively small display show as big as possible.

Alternatively, are there any plans for a zoom view that only shows the Prime's display and hides the keyboard (or most of it). Showing the Prime's display and nothing else in landscape mode would make it a nice big screen for touch input. Well, something I can still dream of. ?

A reasonable workaround for a full-screen display of the Prime's display on Android is to enable accessibility mode in the Android.
This allows 3 rapid taps on the screen to zoom in to that part of the screen (and a further 3 taps zooms out again).
Although it is not a perfect fit I find it works well in landscape.

The main downside is when you are in the editor and try to delete 3 characters... Unless you remember to do so slowly, you will zoom in. (And obviously, a single tap cannot then be seen by the Prime until it clearly not the beginning of a 3-tap).