HP Forums
backup problem - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: backup problem (/thread-6173.html)

backup problem - retoa - 04-29-2016 07:44 AM

Hello

I updated 4 Primes with the new CK, my own and 3 of my student's who have a Mac at home (I have 50 students with HP Prime and due to the Administrator problem they can not update their calculator in the school, I hope the most of them can do it at home...).

As the CK proposed it, I clicked on the backup button. The first time it always said there was a backup problem, by a second click the backup went good.
The restore went good for 3 of them, in one case there was some strange behavior, the calculator name was not updated and all the user variables were set to 0 (real).

Did someone else have similar problems?

RE: backup problem - Tim Wessman - 04-29-2016 02:43 PM

Two questions come to mind. 1) Was the unit that had issues the same last versions of the others? (8151) 2) Did running the restore again do anything?

RE: backup problem - retoa - 04-30-2016 08:48 PM

(04-29-2016 02:43 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Two questions come to mind. 1) Was the unit that had issues the same last versions of the others? (8151) 2) Did running the restore again do anything?

1) yes, 8151
2) no

not all the backup went wrong, functions in the Function App were back after the first restore.