HP Forums
Right Arrow Character in Connectivity Kit? - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Right Arrow Character in Connectivity Kit? (/thread-5785.html)

Right Arrow Character in Connectivity Kit? - smp - 02-28-2016 08:05 PM

Hello again,

I use the HP Connectivity Kit to write and edit my HP Prime programs.

I recently had the opportunity to use the R->B (real-to-binary) command, and I typed in a minus sign and a greater than sign as I did in this sentence. When I transfer my program into my Prime, I get a syntax error in between the two characters. I can delete those two characters and the use the Chars key to get a right-arrow character (on page 10 of the Chars).

How can I type the right arrow character in the HP Connectivity Kit? If I have a program with many R->B commands, it will be tedious to edit them all after I transfer my program into the Prime.

I tried looking at my program in the Prime after I edited in the correct character, but in the HP Connectivity Kit window, it displays as '->' too, so I cannot copy the correct character over from the Prime into the HP Connectivity Kit.

Thanks in advance for any advice you may have.

smp

RE: Right Arrow Character in Connectivity Kit? - DrD - 02-28-2016 11:36 PM

One way is to use the Toolbox command for R→B() and place it on the emulator command line. From there, cut (cntrl-c) and paste, (contrl-v) where needed in your conn kit code. Alternatively, you can copy and paste just the arrow, which you can access from the [shift] [9] suite of chars.

-Dale-

RE: Right Arrow Character in Connectivity Kit? - smp - 03-01-2016 12:22 AM

(02-28-2016 11:36 PM)DrD Wrote:  One way is to use the Toolbox command for R→B() and place it on the emulator command line. From there, cut (cntrl-c) and paste, (contrl-v) where needed in your conn kit code. Alternatively, you can copy and paste just the arrow, which you can access from the [shift] [9] suite of chars.

-Dale-

Thanks very much for your suggestions, Dale. Looks like I'm going to have to learn how to use the emulator. I have not used it at all so far, because I use my real Prime.

smp