HP Forums
Bug in forum software - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Not HP Calculators (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Forum Issues and Administration (/forum-19.html)
+--- Thread: Bug in forum software (/thread-541.html)

Bug in forum software - patrice - 01-26-2014 11:50 PM

When I look at "Prime Sodtware Library" sorted by "Last Post" and "Descending"
When I press "Next" to see second page, "Descending" is lost.

RE: Bug in forum software - Dave Hicks - 01-31-2014 04:03 AM

I've reported this.

RE: Bug in forum software - patrice - 09-02-2014 07:48 AM

Hi Dave,
The problem is still there.
no answer ?

RE: Bug in forum software - Thomas Radtke - 09-02-2014 08:56 AM

The whole software library subforum is concerned by the (initially) missing asc/desc link, probably causing this bug, which *might* be just a matter of configuring it.

Dave?

RE: Bug in forum software - patrice - 09-02-2014 11:11 AM

(09-02-2014 08:56 AM)Thomas Radtke Wrote:  which *might* be just a matter of configuring it.

Dave?
Is it possible to misconfigure it to such extend ?

RE: Bug in forum software - Thomas Radtke - 09-02-2014 12:08 PM

(09-02-2014 11:11 AM)patrice Wrote:  Is it possible to misconfigure it to such extend ?
I'd conclude exactly that due to the fact that just one section has this problem. Of course, I might be completely wrong.

RE: Bug in forum software - d b - 09-02-2014 06:30 PM

Two Things;

Dave is real busy right now. It's that pesky overtime part of the "make a living" thing that we all have to contend with.

I think he made the first fourm himself, but this one is an off-the-shelf one from others. He's trying to leave it stock, with standard options and user defined preferences. He doesn't want to re-write it himself, although people pay him to do that kind of work. You might send him a short PM so it's on top of his pile when he gets free(r). The writers may have already offered a fix a month ago, but if so he may have chosen food, doing laundry or sleep over wrestling with the system right now.

Thanks for finding the bug.