HP Forums
HP Prime reboots randomly - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: HP Prime reboots randomly (/thread-4940.html)

HP Prime reboots randomly - jmtnezesc - 10-13-2015 11:36 AM

Hi, I have searched through the forum but I haven´t seen any solution to my problem. I bought my HP Prime NW280AA one month ago. I updated the firmware and the calculator works great but sometimes it reboots itself. The reboot doesn´t happen with any specific app or command. It´s just sometimes while working out for example linear equations,before pressing enter, the screen turns black and it turns on again but there is no trace of the work I had been doing. This reboot may happen 5 minutes after turning it on or half an hour later. It´s random. I hope someone can help me with this. Thank you.

RE: HP Prime reboots randomly - eried - 10-13-2015 12:18 PM

Update the firmware, if that keeps happening and you are not doing anything contact support. If the device reboots when doing something: that's normal, it is by design.

RE: HP Prime reboots randomly - jmtnezesc - 10-13-2015 12:22 PM

I´ve already got the last firmware installed (8151). Should I reinstall it? It reboots sometimes when doing something. Is that really normal? haha

RE: HP Prime reboots randomly - Aries - 10-13-2015 12:33 PM

Tried with ON+Apps+Esc yet ?

RE: HP Prime reboots randomly - jmtnezesc - 10-13-2015 12:47 PM

I have just done the ON+Apps+Esc. Hope that works.

RE: HP Prime reboots randomly - debrouxl - 10-13-2015 07:43 PM

Quote:It reboots sometimes when doing something. Is that really normal?
That's the way the Prime's firmware has been behaving since the beginning, indeed.
Don't worry, firmware revision 8151 is quite a bit more robust (as well as quite a bit more featureful, obviously) than the first public revisions, from the summer of 2013 Smile

RE: HP Prime reboots randomly - Aries - 10-15-2015 08:44 AM

Mine reboots on solving this exp inequation:
http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-4903-post-43817.html#pid43817 ;-)