HP Forums
Different behavior between "," and "." formats in RPN mode - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Different behavior between "," and "." formats in RPN mode (/thread-4276.html)

Different behavior between "," and "." formats in RPN mode - Jose Gonzalez Divasson - 07-01-2015 09:21 PM

I was trying to follow Eddie Shore's video tutorial on Advanced RPN functions on the Prime. I wanted to do it since I get many errors when trying to use CAS functions in home (since i much prefer RPN)

As I am "mainland European", I use "," as decimal point. I have chosen space as thousands separator.

An example Eddie uses is factoring 76 in RPN

When I enter, as in the video:

76 - level 1
CAS.ifactor(1) edit line

I get syntax error, while Eddie does not.

Checking what could be the error, I change number format to decimal point instead. Now it works (and there was no decimal point in sight)

Is this a known bug? It is advisable to use always decimal point?

I have been able to replicate this error in a number of other CAS functions, but now I don't remember them.

RE: Different behavior between "," and "." formats in RPN mode - Voldemar - 07-01-2015 09:38 PM

In previous versions it was. Hence this bug is also in the current firmware. When You choose coma as decimal separator, CAS functions in RPN mode do not work.

RE: Different behavior between "," and "." formats in RPN mode - Jose Gonzalez Divasson - 07-01-2015 09:49 PM

For the sake of clarity, I'm running the latest version (8151)

RE: Different behavior between "," and "." formats in RPN mode - Voldemar - 07-01-2015 10:56 PM

I do not have a HP Prime calculator. I have HP Prime emulator on PC (8151). And on emulator I find that CAS functions do not work when coma (,) is decimal separator, CAS functions works fine when period (.) is decimal separator. Try it.