HP Forums
(48G) (/G+/GX) SpeedUI 15.01 released:-) - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Software Libraries (/forum-10.html)
+--- Forum: General Software Library (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: (48G) (/G+/GX) SpeedUI 15.01 released:-) (/thread-4221.html)

(48G) (/G+/GX) SpeedUI 15.01 released:-) - Raymond Del Tondo - 06-24-2015 09:22 PM

Hello all,

here's a new release of SpeedUI.

SpeedUI 15.01 fixes some bugs and adds some new features.
Some functionalities have been remodularized for more flexibility.

Lite versions of the core lib and the SpeedUI stack replacement functionality have been added, which omitted some pretty print features as well as the ML decompiler and some other features, but the lite package has a noticably smaller memory footprint.

Actually CF_lite.LIB + UI_lite.LIB + UFL1.LIB will fit snuggly into a 48G with only 32K RAM!

See RelNotes.txt , StartHere.pdf and MoreInfo.pdf for details.

All older versions of SpeedUI have to be uninstalled prior to installing SpeedUI version 15.01 .

For installation/uninstallation, please take a look into StartHere.pdf supplied with the latest SpeedUI archive.

The new version is available here:
http://www.hpmuseum.org/guest/deltondo/speedui.pdf (Walkthrough PDF)

http://www.hpmuseum.org/guest/deltondo/sui_1501.zip (SpeedUI zip archive)

and maybe on http://www.hpcalc.org once the site will be updated.

For HP 48SX users:
Currently most SpeedUI components need a G model to run.

No decision has been made about a backport of the core libs.
A hypothetical SX version would be comparable to the lite version of the G series SpeedUI.

Any feedback please as PM or mail, since I don't check the software library very often.

Have fun:-)

Raymond

RE: [HP 48G/G+/GX] SpeedUI 15.01 released:-) - rprosperi - 06-25-2015 02:51 AM

(06-24-2015 09:22 PM)Raymond Del Tondo Wrote:  Hello all,

here's a new release of SpeedUI.

Thank you Raymond, I look forward to checking this out.

Is there some way to add the ML decompiler as a layer on top of the 'Lite' SUI ?
Perhaps a better way to ask - is there still a 'Full' version?

RE: [HP 48G/G+/GX] SpeedUI 15.01 released:-) - Raymond Del Tondo - 06-25-2015 04:20 AM

(06-25-2015 02:51 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  Thank you Raymond, I look forward to checking this out.

Is there some way to add the ML decompiler as a layer on top of the 'Lite' SUI ?
Perhaps a better way to ask - is there still a 'Full' version?
Hello Bob, yes the current release includes all SpeedUI components in their full versions, and additionally the lite versions of CF and UI.
You can use CF and UI in any meaningful combination: CF+UI , CF+UI_lite , CF_lite+UI , CF_lite+UI_lite .

(The ML decompiler is in CF , the pretty print feature and preliminary JAZZ support are in UI)

RE: [HP 48G/G+/GX] SpeedUI 15.01 released:-) - Raymond Del Tondo - 06-28-2015 12:30 AM

Hello all,

there was a problem with some files in the archive, so I had to update the archive, which just happened:-)

Please delete any downloaded SpeedUI 15.01 packages, and re-download the updated SpeedUI 15.01 package, since the package from a few days earlier contained some bugs.

Sorry for any inconveniance.

Cheers

RE: [HP 48G/G+/GX] SpeedUI 15.01 released:-) - Raymond Del Tondo - 07-11-2015 10:20 PM

Hello all,

a bug was discovered in UI.LIB and UI_lite.LIB, which prevented the user from pressing ENTER in Alpha mode, so I had to update the archive, which just happened:-)

Please delete any downloaded SpeedUI 15.01 packages, or at least UI.LIB / UI_lite.LIB , and re-download the updated SpeedUI 15.01 package, which contains an updated UI.LIB / UI_lite.LIB .

Cheers

RE: [HP 48G/G+/GX] SpeedUI 15.01 released:-) - snrowe - 07-12-2015 02:44 PM

(07-11-2015 10:20 PM)Raymond Del Tondo Wrote:  Hello all,

a bug was discovered in UI.LIB and UI_lite.LIB, which prevented the user from pressing ENTER in Alpha mode, so I had to update the archive, which just happened:-)

Please delete any downloaded SpeedUI 15.01 packages, or at least UI.LIB / UI_lite.LIB , and re-download the updated SpeedUI 15.01 package, which contains an updated UI.LIB / UI_lite.LIB .

Cheers

Awesome, Thanks for the updates!

RE: (48G) (/G+/GX) SpeedUI 15.01 released:-) - Marco Polo - 05-09-2019 12:56 PM

Cheers

I just installed SpeedUI 15.01 on an emulated 48gx with 128kb port 1 card and 1mb port 2 card.
I installed CF, UI (both non-lite), UF, UFLF, B0, B1, B2, B3, DM, E4, SBC, IB.
All libraries are installed in Port 1. Port is currently write-protected.

I am experiencing serious instability when in USR or 1US mode.
It happens more or less randomly, except for the user key 93.1 (user unshifted decimal dot): anything assigned to that key will make calculator crash at key press ("Try to recover memory?" message)
It does not happen when the enhanced stack is disabled (S4567 command).
At present i cannot try on real hardware, so i cannot say if it is an emulator problem only.
Any idea?

Cheers
Marco Polo

RE: (48G) (/G+/GX) SpeedUI 15.01 released:-) - Raymond Del Tondo - 05-09-2019 10:23 PM

(05-09-2019 12:56 PM)Marco Polo Wrote:  

Cheers

I just installed SpeedUI 15.01 on an emulated 48gx with 128kb port 1 card and 1mb port 2 card.
I installed CF, UI (both non-lite), UF, UFLF, B0, B1, B2, B3, DM, E4, SBC, IB.
All libraries are installed in Port 1. Port is currently write-protected.

I am experiencing serious instability when in USR or 1US mode.
It happens more or less randomly, except for the user key 93.1 (user unshifted decimal dot): anything assigned to that key will make calculator crash at key press ("Try to recover memory?" message)
It does not happen when the enhanced stack is disabled (S4567 command).
At present i cannot try on real hardware, so i cannot say if it is an emulator problem only.
Any idea?

Cheers
Marco Polo

Hi,

thank you for trying SpeedUI.
Unfortunately User mode within the SpeedUI stack environment does not work correctly so far.

The problem and the area where it happens have been identified.
However so far I did not have the time to fix the bug.
Hopefully later this year;-)
Sorry for any inconveniences.

Cheers

Ray

RE: (48G) (/G+/GX) SpeedUI 15.01 released:-) - Marco Polo - 05-10-2019 07:06 AM

(05-09-2019 10:23 PM)Raymond Del Tondo Wrote:  The problem and the area where it happens have been identified.
However so far I did not have the time to fix the bug.
Hopefully later this year;-)

I'll be waiting for the new release.
In the meanwhile i can live without the enhanced stack, as the other modules work well.
I suggest you a "nice to have" feature: the enhanced stack with original header.
:-)