HP Forums
Wish List: Copy Button for Code - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Not HP Calculators (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Forum Issues and Administration (/forum-19.html)
+--- Thread: Wish List: Copy Button for Code (/thread-3935.html)

Wish List: Copy Button for Code - Eddie W. Shore - 05-21-2015 01:50 PM

I would to see the ability for users to press a [Copy] button any time code is presented in the forum. I think it would be easier to copy the code with less hassle.

If this isn't feasible, no biggie.

Thanks.

RE: Wish List: Copy Button for Code - Joe Horn - 05-22-2015 02:22 AM

(05-21-2015 01:50 PM)Eddie W. Shore Wrote:  I would to see the ability for users to press a [Copy] button any time code is presented in the forum. I think it would be easier to copy the code with less hassle.

If this isn't feasible, no biggie.

Thanks.

YES PLEASE! If the code's little window has a vertical scroll bar, selecting all of it (and only it) is ridiculously difficult, at least in some browsers. A Copy button would be great!

RE: Wish List: Copy Button for Code - Gerald H - 05-22-2015 08:49 AM

Clearly a good suggestion.

It's one of the reasons I don't use those little boxes.

RE: Wish List: Copy Button for Code - Dieter - 05-25-2015 12:28 PM

(05-22-2015 08:49 AM)Gerald H Wrote:  Clearly a good suggestion.

But not really required.

(05-22-2015 08:49 AM)Gerald H Wrote:  It's one of the reasons I don't use those little boxes.

Simply click on "View a Printable Version" (at the page bottom) and you're done.
This way also the fixed font (and therefore the complete formatting) is preserved.

Dieter

RE: Wish List: Copy Button for Code - Gerald H - 05-25-2015 01:38 PM

Thank you Dieter, I'm wasn't adventurous enough to investigate the bottom of the screen.

I'll have to write an interesting programme to try it.

RE: Wish List: Copy Button for Code - Joe Horn - 05-25-2015 06:04 PM

(05-25-2015 12:28 PM)Dieter Wrote:  Simply click on "View a Printable Version" (at the page bottom) and you're done.
This way also the fixed font (and therefore the complete formatting) is preserved.

[Image: notworthy.gif]