HP Forums
Spreadsheet bug in RPN mode - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Spreadsheet bug in RPN mode (/thread-3881.html)

Spreadsheet bug in RPN mode - John Colvin - 05-17-2015 07:08 PM

I don't know whether this has been reported before, but the Spreadsheet App doesn't want to accept formulas in RPN mode. When I attempt to insert something like
=A*0.14 into a cell, I get the syntax error message. Formula insertion works fine in
textbook mode. I had just assumed that all of the issues with the Spreadsheet App in RPN mode had been resolved. I have the latest firmware (7820).

RE: Spreadsheet bug in RPN mode - Mark Hardman - 05-17-2015 07:17 PM

(05-17-2015 07:08 PM)John Colvin Wrote:  I don't know whether this has been reported before, but the Spreadsheet App doesn't want to accept formulas in RPN mode. When I attempt to insert something like
=A*0.14 into a cell, I get the syntax error message. Formula insertion works fine in
textbook mode. I had just assumed that all of the issues with the Spreadsheet App in RPN mode had been resolved. I have the latest firmware (7820).

As with any algebraic expression, in RPN mode it must be surrounded by single quotes.

RE: Spreadsheet bug in RPN mode - John Colvin - 05-17-2015 07:26 PM

(05-17-2015 07:17 PM)Mark Hardman Wrote:  
(05-17-2015 07:08 PM)John Colvin Wrote:  I don't know whether this has been reported before, but the Spreadsheet App doesn't want to accept formulas in RPN mode. When I attempt to insert something like

As with any algebraic expression, in RPN mode it must be surrounded by single quotes.
Tried that. I still get the syntax error message.

RE: Spreadsheet bug in RPN mode - Mark Hardman - 05-17-2015 07:34 PM

(05-17-2015 07:26 PM)John Colvin Wrote:  Tried that. I still get the syntax error message.

Sigh...

Step 1:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=2050]

Step 2:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=2051]

Step 3:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=2052]

RE: Spreadsheet bug in RPN mode - John Colvin - 05-17-2015 08:08 PM

I seldom use the Spreadsheet App and I didn't see any mention of this subtle elimination of the = symbol in front of the cell name in the User Manual. I guess the
authors assumed that everyone would be using this App in textbook mode.