HP Forums
HP67 black cable broken - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: HP67 black cable broken (/thread-3198.html)

HP67 black cable broken - Uli - 02-25-2015 09:04 PM

Good evening HP fans,

today I have started a big project. I have repaired the card reader of my HP67. Thanks a lot to Miles Davis.
Unfortunately a black cable is broken during this work.
Does anybody knows, where this black cable has to be fit to?

Hope you can help.

Kind regards
Uli from Northern Germany

RE: HP67 black cable broken - Geoff Quickfall - 02-25-2015 09:17 PM

First, always take pictures as you disassemble. Now that the lecture is finished :-)

The solder point directly adjacent to the red +ve power wire immediately to the right in the first photo.

Also, is that blue copper sulphate residue on the other solder points? If so clean it off before reassembly.

Geoff

A caveat, their are a few different circuit boards floating around and the contact of -ve and +ve may be reversed. Since the red wire is still attached it is obvious in this case. More need to photo all aspects during disassembly!

RE: HP67 black cable broken - Uli - 02-25-2015 09:23 PM

Hi Geoff,

to make no mistakes. This one? See white arrow.

The "blue" is no cupper. Only reflections.

Many Thanks
Uli

RE: HP67 black cable broken - Geoff Quickfall - 02-26-2015 12:37 AM

Yes! Under a magnifier you should see part of the remaining black wire in the centre. So vacuum up the solder with a de solder bulb or braid.

Then retin and solder when ready.

I actually de solder these prior to restoration so that I can clean the keyboard separately from the framework housing.

Cheers, Geoff

Another trick, if the solder points at the receptacle end need new wiring, plug the charger/wall wart into the calc but not the wall! This will hold the pins in place when you heat the solder.