HP Forums
Feature request: Reply to this post - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Not HP Calculators (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Forum Issues and Administration (/forum-19.html)
+--- Thread: Feature request: Reply to this post (/thread-2861.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Feature request: Reply to this post - Thomas Klemm - 03-01-2015 05:00 PM

(03-01-2015 03:49 PM)Dave Hicks Wrote:  So, quote, tap and hold, select all, cut.

Can confirm that this works the same on the iPad:

tap and hold
[Image: xuTjVRX.jpg]

select all
[Image: AEsRhdW.jpg]

cut
[Image: SQviOEK.jpg]

Cheers
Thomas

RE: Feature request: Reply to this post - walter b - 04-19-2015 11:18 AM

It's encouraging to see many forumers having obviously recognised/acknowledged the value of the <Quote> button for proper filing. Far less, however, seem to have read Dave's last post here. Hence, often the entire previous message is repeated. That's ...
  1. not necessary - you see the proper order in threaded view automatically,
  2. wasteful regarding bandwidth and reduces density of information.
What can be done to get users to do something which was automatically done in the old forum and made it a pleasure to read?

d:-?

RE: Feature request: Reply to this post - Dave Hicks - 04-25-2015 05:09 PM

(04-19-2015 11:18 AM)walter b Wrote:  Far less, however, seem to have read Dave's last post here. Hence, often the entire previous message is repeated.

My last post in this thread was about a mechanism that people can use on tablets. (To do something that most people probably already know how to do on a larger computer.) It was not meant to suggest that it needed to be used any more or less than it currently is. I suspect at this point that most users are simply quoting at the level that they prefer.

RE: Feature request: Reply to this post - walter b - 04-26-2015 11:02 AM

(04-25-2015 05:09 PM)Dave Hicks Wrote:  I suspect at this point that most users are simply quoting at the level that they prefer.

Yeah, I concur with basically people being curious, gluttonous, and lazy. Though, the most important point in my post was:
I Wrote:What can be done to get users to do something which was automatically done in the old forum and made it a pleasure to read?

d:-)

RE: Feature request: Reply to this post - Dave Hicks - 04-26-2015 03:04 PM

Concur means to agree. The phrase you were looking for was more like: "And now I'd like to express something completely unrelated." I'll close this thread so you can start your thread on your opinion of people - but please start it on some other forum.