HP Forums
nut studio - invalid file format (MOD) - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: nut studio - invalid file format (MOD) (/thread-2606.html)

nut studio - invalid file format (MOD) - mstram - 12-11-2014 06:50 PM

Is anybody using Nut Studio ? (I didn't find much with the search).

I compiled the example hello project but v41.exe is saying invalid file format.

I took a quick look in a hex editor at the file header, it appears to be the same as a valid file.

Mike

RE: nut studio - invalid file format (MOD) - hth - 12-30-2014 07:39 PM

I am the author of NutStudio tools, but I never tried it together with v41 as I am on Mac OS X.

In this case it need to be investigated why v41 refuse to load it, probably due to some incompatibility. I looked at the header file for v41 when I implemented it, but interoperability with v41 was never tested by me. I am unable to help here at the moment as I do not have any development environment on Windows. I suppose it could be possible to compile the load code separately on some other platform, but I do not really have the time to do that in the near future.

If someone figures out what is wrong I can most likely fix it in the source code base, but I will not be able to make a release on Windows anytime soon, or basically any platform other than Mac OS X PowerPC.

In any case, I have noticed that there is a problem and when I ever get to the point where I have enough virtual machines running on some x86 machine and spare time, I can take a look at. But as I said, it will not happen anytime soon, unfortunately.