HP Forums
More questions before I buy a prime? - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: More questions before I buy a prime? (/thread-2026.html)

More questions before I buy a prime? - sol740 - 08-27-2014 11:47 PM

Ok so I've worked through all my use cases with the emulator which has been relatively problem free (usually human error on my part or not RTFM) and I'm ok with it. Couple of rough edges but it's a new platform. Feels intuitive and fits my mental model of such things though (unlike the Nspire CX CAS). Best thing for me, the help is wonderful so I don't have to lug a printed manual or get sore eyes looking at a PDF copy around on my phone!

I'm not colour blind so the keytops I'm ok with. Perhaps controversially, I don't really care for HP nostalgia or education (this is a working machine in a research department) and don't wish to compare it to the last HP machine I had (a 50G) which was a bit meh and painful to program.

However, I'm slightly concerned about the A vs B hardware revision issue if it affects more than just the wirless connectivity (which I don't care about) and the general reliability of the device. I've read about reliability problems with the software. Are these founded or are they edge cases? Any other big gotchas? This *must* be as reliable as my current Casio FX 991.

RE: More questions before I buy a prime? - sol740 - 08-30-2014 08:40 PM

Ok decided not to buy one.

Will use my trusty FX991 ES PLUS. If I need anything heavier I'll use GIAC/Xcas.

Thanks for introducing that to me at least Smile