HP Forums
HP 41C USB Power Adapter Available? (No Batteries) - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: HP 41C USB Power Adapter Available? (No Batteries) (/thread-20258.html)

HP 41C USB Power Adapter Available? (No Batteries) - Craig Bladow - 08-02-2023 10:41 PM

I'm aware of a way to power a HP-41C from a module as documented in this old forum thread.
What I would like to find is a battery holder replacement that when installed would power the HP-41C direct from a USB cable plugged in through the normal power port. I'm sure I've seen this before but does any one offer these for sale?

Cheers,
Craig

RE: HP 41C USB Power Adapter Available? (No Batteries) - Diego Diaz - 08-03-2023 03:58 AM

Hi Craig,

Although the idea behind the new Power Pack (82120D) for the HP-41 is to have a LiPo battery powered alternative to the alkalines or standard 82120A battery pack; it can also be used without the battery in the way you've described.

The 82120D project is still in progress, but I can provide you with a prototype board with no battery.

Note however that this prototype does have a micro-USB connector instead of the USB-C, it takes the USB +5v supply and feeds it into the DC/DC converter which generate the 6.4V for the HP-41.

Please PM me in case you're interested.

Best regards.

Diego.

RE: HP 41C USB Power Adapter Available? (No Batteries) - Craig Bladow - 08-03-2023 10:48 PM

Thank you Diego, PM sent.