HP Forums
Prime Key Font - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Prime Key Font (/thread-1925.html)

Prime Key Font - Tim Wessman - 08-05-2014 10:24 PM

Hello,

For those of you looking to make documents and such, here is the TTF font that was made to do so. I wanted to tweak the character mapping first before release to fix a few problems. It is quite good now and I think ready to let loose so to speak.

Here is the key mapping:

[attachment=986]

[attachment=987]

RE: Prime Key Font - Han - 10-10-2014 08:02 PM

Tim, is there a similar font file for the creation of menu items?

RE: Prime Key Font - Tim Wessman - 10-12-2014 08:47 PM

No, there is not. It would be pretty much impossible to do. However, you can get a very nice look in the document simply by making the text white with black background.

What I probably should do is make it easier to get menu key graphics alone in the screenshot utility built into the emulator or connkit.

RE: Prime Key Font - Han - 10-13-2014 01:38 AM

Last font question: What is the font used in the HP Prime? Is that a freely available TTF as well? I vaguely remember you posting about it in the past but cannot seem to find the post.

RE: Prime Key Font - Tim Wessman - 10-13-2014 02:08 AM

Droid Sans family. The primary font is Droid Sans Fallback Full. Connkit should have a copy locally in the directory.

RE: Prime Key Font - Han - 11-12-2014 07:31 PM

Some of the characters in the HP Prime's font are different from the ones available freely on the net (e.g. J in Droid Sans and similar fonts dips below like the bottom portion of p or q). I don't suppose there is an HP-modified version you can distribute.

RE: Prime Key Font - Tim Wessman - 11-12-2014 07:47 PM

It is in the connkit install directory.

Also, for the future we'll be installing it on the system and so I renamed it and gave a new identifier to something like Prime Sans instead to avoid conflicts.