HP Forums
HP 49g - Stuck in No System menu - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: HP 49g - Stuck in No System menu (/thread-18210.html)

HP 49g - Stuck in No System menu - sad_hp - 04-02-2022 01:45 PM

So, I found my 49g a few weeks ago and put new batteries in it and it promptly brought me to the no system menu. I have tried most of the documented reset button combinations with no success. I found my last computer in the house with a serial port and was hoping to connect and upload the flash is onto the calculator, but the connection software wasn't able to connect. Tried HP Comm as well as a simpler comm program from this site.

I know there isn't a lot of love for the 49g, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

RE: HP 49g - Stuck in No System menu - gwh - 04-07-2022 06:58 PM

(04-02-2022 01:45 PM)sad_hp Wrote:  So, I found my 49g a few weeks ago and put new batteries in it and it promptly brought me to the no system menu. I have tried most of the documented reset button combinations with no success. I found my last computer in the house with a serial port and was hoping to connect and upload the flash is onto the calculator, but the connection software wasn't able to connect. Tried HP Comm as well as a simpler comm program from this site.

I know there isn't a lot of love for the 49g, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

Not sure it helps but I successfully flashed 2 49g recently using a pl2303 serial->USB adapter on GNU/Linux. I had to patch hp49flash to force it to talk to /dev/ttyUSB1 (@ https://github.com/gwenhael-le-moine/hp49flash I don't understand why this glorified shell script was written in C)

At some point doing this I did end up in a state maybe similar to yours where I had no OS installed.

RE: HP 49g - Stuck in No System menu - sad_hp - 04-07-2022 09:35 PM

I'll give it a look. Thanks!