HP Forums
Updated models of 10bII+, 12 C, 12C Plat & 17bII+. - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Updated models of 10bII+, 12 C, 12C Plat & 17bII+. (/thread-18176.html)

Pages: 1 2

Updated models of 10bII+, 12 C, 12C Plat & 17bII+. - verohruskova - 03-24-2022 07:10 AM

Hello together,

I want to share with you the updated version of 10bII+, 12 C, 12C Plat & 17bII+.

You can find the photos of the updated version here:
https://cspmoraviabrno-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/veronika_hruskova_moravia-consulting_com/Evx0nEWCfhlPq0S6jMRwnTYBNwyetedhErm9J4VzHf9yAQ?e=ZCK7eb

There were also a couple of changes made to the packaging:
1) There is only one international version for each model
2) One Quick Start Guide with languages
3) Updated Insert Card
4) CD was removed
5) Serial number was removed and will not be tracked
5) Legal Sheet was removed and the content was added as a part of the Quick Start Guide

All the changes can be viewed here:
https://cspmoraviabrno-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/veronika_hruskova_moravia-consulting_com/EjnCCktj1XlNuqfJTscdoOoBG1FVCC8YFgUKhKgE9Oczgw?e=ggvDjY

I will be looking for to your feedback!

Veronika

RE: Updated models of 10bII+, 12 C, 12C Plat & 17bII+. - rprosperi - 03-24-2022 12:16 PM

Thanks very much for sharing these Veronika, very interesting and of course great news as proof for HP fans that these models shall live on.

Will there be new User Manuals (for download) as well, these seem to be only the in-box items?

These changes seem to support my own pet theory that the entire shift of Calculator models to Licensees was driven by HPE forcing HPI to remove "Hewlett Packard" from all device labels, packaging, manuals, etc., no doubt part of the agreement when the company split.

Of course this is a new obstacle for fanatical collectors as it means another version to acquire... Any idea when these new models will be available?

RE: Updated models of 10bII+, 12 C, 12C Plat & 17bII+. - Mike T. - 03-24-2022 01:00 PM

There appears to be a typo on the back label of the 12C and 12C Platinum. The URL above the round HP logo says www.hpcals.com but I think this should be www.hpcalcs.com ..?

RE: Updated models of 10bII+, 12 C, 12C Plat & 17bII+. - Dave Britten - 03-24-2022 02:13 PM

Another little thing I noticed: the back of the 12C states "All examples are performed in RPN mode." The 12C doesn't have algebraic mode like the 12C Platinum, so this disclaimer is unnecessary on this model.

RE: Updated models of 10bII+, 12 C, 12C Plat & 17bII+. - Eric Rechlin - 03-24-2022 02:59 PM

(03-24-2022 01:00 PM)Mike T. Wrote:  There appears to be a typo on the back label of the 12C and 12C Platinum. The URL above the round HP logo says www.hpcals.com but I think this should be www.hpcalcs.com ..?

That's the first thing I noticed. I hope this isn't indicative of the quality control of HP calculators going forward. Very embarrassing.

RE: Updated models of 10bII+, 12 C, 12C Plat & 17bII+. - Massimo Gnerucci - 03-24-2022 03:00 PM

Wow, tightening screws! Just what I needed as an excuse to buy another 12C.

RE: Updated models of 10bII+, 12 C, 12C Plat & 17bII+. - Csaba Tizedes - 03-24-2022 06:21 PM

Frankly speaking, I can't to decide this is a design portfolio or whatever, but I do not want to believe there is any company in the whole world which want to update HP's financial calculators. In the current situation. In the current situation in central EU, in Czech Republic.

Veronica, pls, share the details, I guess this is a design portfolio or something else and I can't figure out why it it posted in a HP calculator group?! Maybe you want to measure/examine the fans' reaction and this is a sociology survey or final exam dissertation how these subcultures are gullible like calculator enthusians?!?

No offense, but I'm realist in the mid of EU. Wink Smile

Csaba

RE: Updated models of 10bII+, 12 C, 12C Plat & 17bII+. - vaklaff - 03-24-2022 06:48 PM

Hi Csaba

With moving the HP calculator business to Moravia Consulting some cosmetic changes to those models still in production are to be expected, aren’t they? Publishing them in advance may be an unusual step but I see nothing wrong with that, quite the opposite. Thanks to the eagle eyes of this community now they have a chance to fix the typo in the URL :-)

RE: Updated models of 10bII+, 12 C, 12C Plat & 17bII+. - Eddie W. Shore - 03-24-2022 08:01 PM

Are any of the new user manuals available for download? The files in the manual just look like a sheet of foldable paper. It think it would help a lot more if the getting started guide included at least several basic calculations.

RE: Updated models of 10bII+, 12 C, 12C Plat & 17bII+. - verohruskova - 03-24-2022 09:36 PM

Hello guys,

thank you for your comments and observations. The User Manuals for download will be coming in the future, of course. The content of the Quick Start Guide included in the packaging stays the same as the QSG of the old packaging.

And yes, that was the plan! We wanted to share it first with you guys. The URL is a typo error on an earlier version. This will be corrected, of course. We will upload the correct photo in the morning. Thanks for pointing it out!

Veronika

RE: Updated models of 10bII+, 12 C, 12C Plat & 17bII+. - rprosperi - 03-24-2022 10:54 PM

Veronika,

We truly do appreciate your team sharing these details with us, and hopefully this community can continue to help, even if in small ways. It's unprecedented and clearly affecting different people in different ways, but please keep it up! Smile

RE: Updated models of 10bII+, 12 C, 12C Plat & 17bII+. - Gene - 03-25-2022 12:25 AM

Also appears the yellow shifted functions on the 12c have drifted away from yellow toward orange once again.

I had to point that out to Sam Kim about 10 years ago by lining up 6 or 7 HP-12c units in a time progression so he would believe me that it had changed.

Simply put, the color of the shift key should ** always ** match the shifted functions' color on the keyboard faceplate.

RE: Updated models of 10bII+, 12 C, 12C Plat & 17bII+. - Felix Gross - 03-25-2022 06:28 AM

Dear Moravia-Team,

good to see that the Homepage is becoming operational and I completely agree with rprosperi's comment. So here are two suggestions.

The HP-Prime Manuals (at least) are out of date. An easy way to check on all HP manuals is Eric's page https://literature.hpcalc.org (see screenshot for a HP Prime search).

The Download section for the HP Prime contains software for different platforms (not only PCs, as the title suggests). Making the items sortable with regard to platforms would be nice.

Looking forward to seeing the site grow.

Felix

RE: Updated models of 10bII+, 12 C, 12C Plat & 17bII+. - Csaba Tizedes - 03-25-2022 07:35 AM

(03-24-2022 09:36 PM)verohruskova Wrote:  The User Manuals for download will be coming in the future

Hello Veronika!

So it is a running project, good to know. It seems to me some people here can't imagine there are some people over the World, who do not know about this "movement" to Czech Republic. Vaklaff, thanks for your answer, all is clear now.

Rprosperi: you don't have to apologize on my behalf, we just talking, or if you have more information, first let us know or let me know. I know there is hard to believe that some people more impulsive than you - it is not rude, just different habits.
BTW: if someone on this forum with brand new registration drops a message like Veronica, what is your first thought? "Yuppyyyy! New HPs!!!" or "WT...? It's smells like a fake something..."

Back to Manuals: In the 10bII plus manual the last example on page 154 do not finalised (instead of HP 10b Manual, in that manual this example fully done). Pls. update this example.

Is it planned firmware update? I'm ready to change some memory register for some program steps on HP10bII+. Eg. with shifted-shift you can jump into program mode and back.

Csaba

RE: Updated models of 10bII+, 12 C, 12C Plat & 17bII+. - Sukiari - 03-26-2022 05:16 AM

This is the first time in many years that I felt hopeful for the future of the “HP” calculator lineup. 50g in the case of a 48g when?

RE: Updated models of 10bII+, 12 C, 12C Plat & 17bII+. - rprosperi - 03-26-2022 01:53 PM

(03-25-2022 07:35 AM)Csaba Tizedes Wrote:  So it is a running project, good to know. It seems to me some people here can't imagine there are some people over the World, who do not know about this "movement" to Czech Republic. Vaklaff, thanks for your answer, all is clear now.

Rprosperi: you don't have to apologize on my behalf, we just talking, or if you have more information, first let us know or let me know. I know there is hard to believe that some people more impulsive than you - it is not rude, just different habits.
BTW: if someone on this forum with brand new registration drops a message like Veronica, what is your first thought? "Yuppyyyy! New HPs!!!" or "WT...? It's smells like a fake something..."

My comments were not at all directed at you, and certainly not apologizing for anyone. I don't think you said anything to apologize for, you simply were reacting honestly, and it's good to do so. Although it may be relatively new to you that Moravia has taken over work on the HP Calc models, it has been discussed here extensively since first announced last October. While it's true that some folks here are disappointed, most are happy and excited about this change.

It was completely clear that HP was no longer interested in managing the calculator product line but it has also become clear that Moravia (and presumably also Royal, though they are totally invisible so far) is excited, actively participates here and communicates with folks in the industry, and wants us to be involved in their planning activities. What could be better?

I'm pretty direct, both in criticism but also in praise and I think it's important to clearly note these unprecedented events, give Moravia feedback that's useful to them (as we've seen happen) and encourage them to do more of the same. I believe they recognize that there is tremendous insight, knowledge and caring about these products within this community and are wisely using it to inform, steer and improve the products, their support and their planning for the future.

RE: Updated models of 10bII+, 12 C, 12C Plat & 17bII+. - Eddie W. Shore - 03-26-2022 03:20 PM

Question for Veronika:

What led to having screws and keys to open battery compartments? Can standard screwdrivers work or are these specialized? Are the cases going to be adjusted to include the door screws; if not, there is a chance that the screwdrivers would be lost. Thanks.

OT: I like to see the HP 27S return (27SII+) with it's memory increased to 17bII+.

RE: Updated models of 10bII+, 12 C, 12C Plat & 17bII+. - ijabbott - 03-26-2022 03:39 PM

(03-26-2022 03:20 PM)Eddie W. Shore Wrote:  Question for Veronika:

What led to having screws and keys to open battery compartments? Can standard screwdrivers work or are these specialized? Are the cases going to be adjusted to include the door screws; if not, there is a chance that the screwdrivers would be lost. Thanks.

I believe it is a requirement (probably for CE marking) on products that are powered by button cells and that may be used by young children (probably as a shiny toy with lots of buttons to press).

Quote:OT: I like to see the HP 27S return (27SII+) with it's memory increased to 17bII+.

Me too! Also with some more functions such as bitwise logic operations, please.

RE: Updated models of 10bII+, 12 C, 12C Plat & 17bII+. - Massimo Gnerucci - 03-26-2022 06:44 PM

(03-26-2022 03:20 PM)Eddie W. Shore Wrote:  OT: I like to see the HP 27S return (27SII+) with it's memory increased to 17bII+.

Why not contact Thomas Okken to build a hardware version of his Plus42, so to make happy also non-business customers?

RE: Updated models of 10bII+, 12 C, 12C Plat & 17bII+. - Gamo - 03-27-2022 01:47 AM

How about the HP-15C ?

Gamo