HP Forums
Auto power-off - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Auto power-off (/thread-174.html)

Auto power-off - Jacob Wall - 12-20-2013 04:46 AM

What is the auto power-off rules that exist on the Prime? The reason I ask is because I recently forgot to shut off my computer in my office and had the Prime connected to the USB, Connectivity software was not running, and the next morning noticed that the Prime was still on. I had previously also encountered a low battery situation when I first got the calculator when it was not plugged into USB, making me think I had left it on without realizing it, and assuming it would shut down automatically by itself. Is there a setting for this somewhere? I haven't found it looking so far if it exists.

I don't have conclusive tests to prove it happens EVERY time but am leaning towards thinking that there is no auto power-off time limit.

Jacob

RE: Auto power-off - Joe Horn - 12-20-2013 05:16 AM

(12-20-2013 04:46 AM)Jacob Wall Wrote:  What is the auto power-off rules that exist on the Prime?

What's supposed to happen is this:
On batteries: dim after 30 seconds idle, auto-off after 5 minutes idle.
USB powered: Never dim, never auto-off.
As noted here before, the initial release version had some bugs in this regard.

RE: Auto power-off - Michael de Estrada - 12-20-2013 05:33 AM

(12-20-2013 05:16 AM)Joe Horn Wrote:  
(12-20-2013 04:46 AM)Jacob Wall Wrote:  What is the auto power-off rules that exist on the Prime?

What's supposed to happen is this:
On batteries: dim after 30 seconds idle, auto-off after 5 minutes idle.
USB powered: Never dim, never auto-off.
As noted here before, the initial release version had some bugs in this regard.

Mine dims and does the auto-off thing if I connect it to a live USB port, but the CK is not running. Go figure. And, yes, I've updated the firmware.