HP Forums
Android Nav Bar - Can no longer remove, Nexus 5x - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Not HP Calculators (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Not quite HP Calculators - but related (/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Android Nav Bar - Can no longer remove, Nexus 5x (/thread-17124.html)

Android Nav Bar - Can no longer remove, Nexus 5x - Bill Duncan - 06-18-2021 12:21 AM

I've been using my Nexus 5x for years and have calc apps installed on it.

Yesterday for some unknown reason, the Navigation bar along the bottom will no longer disappear. This makes my HP-41cx app rather useless, as I can no longer access the bottom row of keys.

I've searched the net for solutions. Most of them are for updated android OS. (The Nexus 5x is no longer supported with updates and I have an old 8.1.0 version, the last supported.)

No idea why the nav bar is stuck on now. Tried rebooting. The options I found on the Internet describe settings which I don't have.

Anyone with ideas? The hp41cx app has always been my favourite. Sad

RE: Android Nav Bar - Can no longer remove, Nexus 5x - rprosperi - 06-18-2021 02:38 AM

(06-18-2021 12:21 AM)Bill Duncan Wrote:  I've been using my Nexus 5x for years and have calc apps installed on it.

Yesterday for some unknown reason, the Navigation bar along the bottom will no longer disappear. This makes my HP-41cx app rather useless, as I can no longer access the bottom row of keys.

I've searched the net for solutions. Most of them are for updated android OS. (The Nexus 5x is no longer supported with updates and I have an old 8.1.0 version, the last supported.)

No idea why the nav bar is stuck on now. Tried rebooting. The options I found on the Internet describe settings which I don't have.

Anyone with ideas? The hp41cx app has always been my favourite. Sad

I just had the same thing happen and I quickly got an answer, see the details here:

https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-17083-post-148981.html#pid148981

RE: Android Nav Bar - Can no longer remove, Nexus 5x - Bill Duncan - 06-18-2021 03:02 AM

Yay! I got my go41cx back.
Not sure how that setting changed on me, but it's usable again.

Thank you so much!