HP Forums
[CRASH] When Deleting all selected text on program editor - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: [CRASH] When Deleting all selected text on program editor (/thread-1682.html)

[CRASH] When Deleting all selected text on program editor - alexzkter - 06-21-2014 09:50 PM

This calculator is driving me nuts. I'm wasting my time acting like a betatester instead of actually studying for the final exams...Jesus

[Image: jzk195.png]

Create a program, SHIFT+VIEW(COPY) then select All option ('Todo' in Spanish), start deleting the code by pressing the DEL key. Calculator reboots itself before the word 'EXPORT'.

RE: [CRASH] When Deleting all selected text on program editor - eried - 06-22-2014 12:19 AM

When you exit the program editor the calculator creates an additional version (the one used when executing the program), so you must try to keep the program 'valid'.

Extra closing sentences may generate other problems too, that's why I tried to include a simple 'lexer' / syntax validator in my editor: http://f.cl.ly/items/1y3S0W0z0n3V440D2U2s/Image%202014-04-06%20at%206.24.04%20PM.png (the problem is, usb functions aren't updated to last fw)

BTW: When you post the Spanish interface really hurts seeing these labels like "Inic.", "Final." WTF!

This answer is Finnish.

RE: [CRASH] When Deleting all selected text on program editor - Wes Loewer - 06-22-2014 10:15 AM

(06-21-2014 09:50 PM)alexzkter Wrote:  Create a program, SHIFT+VIEW(COPY) then select All option ('Todo' in Spanish), start deleting the code by pressing the DEL key. Calculator reboots itself before the word 'EXPORT'.

Confirmed this same behavior in Notes. When you try to delete the space after the first word, the calculator reboots (the emulator freezes).

It does not matter what the length of the first word is.
Code:

The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
   ^

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, even though the sound of it...
                                   ^

-wes