HP Forums
HP 48 Screen Scratch - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: HP 48 Screen Scratch (/thread-16657.html)

HP 48 Screen Scratch - kebel21 - 04-15-2021 01:40 AM

Hi,

I bought an HP 48SX with a scratch on the screen. I have seen recommendations on the forum to use Polywatch to remove scratches from screens. Would this work on a 48SX? I don't want to make the screen worse by removing any coatings.

Thanks!

RE: HP 48 Screen Scratch - Maximilian Hohmann - 04-15-2021 10:34 AM

Hello!

I usually also use PolyWatch for removing scratches from calculators, but I wouldn't recommend it for the 48 series. If you look closely, the surface of the screen is not perfectly even but a little "roughened" (don't know what would be the correct term here) on purpose to reduce sceen glare. So either you polish the entire screen until it is totally flat - but glossy - or you leave the scratch as it is. If you just polish the screen around the scratch it will probably become more promint than before.

Regards
Max

RE: HP 48 Screen Scratch - kebel21 - 04-16-2021 01:15 AM

(04-15-2021 10:34 AM)Maximilian Hohmann Wrote:  Hello!

I usually also use PolyWatch for removing scratches from calculators, but I wouldn't recommend it for the 48 series. If you look closely, the surface of the screen is not perfectly even but a little "roughened" (don't know what would be the correct term here) on purpose to reduce sceen glare. So either you polish the entire screen until it is totally flat - but glossy - or you leave the scratch as it is. If you just polish the screen around the scratch it will probably become more promint than before.

Regards
Max

Thank you! You saved me from making the screen worse, I appreciate it!