HP Forums
Modify system function in 50g - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Modify system function in 50g (/thread-16561.html)

Modify system function in 50g - BINUBALL - 04-09-2021 06:38 AM

I want to modify some bulit-in system function in hp 50g. How can I do this?
I wonder if there is some library or system RPL to do this.

RE: Modify system function in 50g - 3298 - 04-09-2021 03:47 PM

Such a vague request from you, again ... of course the answer is: it depends.

If all you want to do is edit a copy of some system routine, do what you would do with your own variables: recall and edit. Recalling the system routines is a bit more tricky than your variables, but come on, I know you've done it before - when you used Nosy.

Overwriting the original, however, is basically impossible.

RE: Modify system function in 50g - BINUBALL - 04-10-2021 04:31 AM

(04-09-2021 03:47 PM)3298 Wrote:  Such a vague request from you, again ... of course the answer is: it depends.

If all you want to do is edit a copy of some system routine, do what you would do with your own variables: recall and edit. Recalling the system routines is a bit more tricky than your variables, but come on, I know you've done it before - when you used Nosy.

Overwriting the original, however, is basically impossible.
Honestly, I think I wrote question clearly.. But English is harder than I thought.
I might satisfied with copy system function and edit, assign that in a key.

RE: Modify system function in 50g - Han - 04-13-2021 06:35 AM

It depends on what you want to replace. If the system object that you would like to replace happens to be a library, then you could try to modify the ROMPTAB and swap the tables for the built-in routines with your replacement library. One example of this is SpeedUI.

If you wish to create a new System Outer Loop (SOL) there are plenty of examples of these on hpcalc.org's archive.

ROM viewers are also available. Many programs such as Nosy seem to be outdated past the HP49G (i.e. new opcodes for the HP50G are not supported). If you are familiar with the HP style, then Jazz 50G may be useful to you (integrated editor/ROM viewer) and was updated to work with the last firmware revision 2.15.

RE: Modify system function in 50g - BINUBALL - 04-13-2021 08:35 AM

Can you help me about installing jazz?
I can't install extable and jazzcovered in port 2. Extable gives Insufficient Memory when I have free memory around 130K, jazzcovered gives Ins. Mem : 13313.5 Bytes. I think calc's memory is not lack.
p.s. port 2 available space is 289K

++EDIT
I use extable2.lib which contains in emacs before. But I read, "For jazz you have to install extable in jazz folder". So I tried to install extable which contains in jazz.