HP Forums
Congrat's to the Mars 2020 Perseverance Team! - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Not HP Calculators (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Not remotely HP Calculators (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Congrat's to the Mars 2020 Perseverance Team! (/thread-16342.html)

Congrat's to the Mars 2020 Perseverance Team! - Gene - 02-19-2021 12:39 AM

Looking forward to fabulous science and video soon.

RE: Congrat's to the Mars 2020 Perseverance Team! - Massimo Gnerucci - 02-19-2021 05:32 AM

YEAH!

RE: Congrat's to the Mars 2020 Perseverance Team! - compsystems - 02-19-2021 01:17 PM

La ingeniería Colombiana Diana Trujillo que emigró a USA por el conflicto armado y luego se convirtió en científica de la NASA trasmitió en vivo y en Español la llegada del rover perseverancia a Marte en el canal de NASA en español, y si desea saber más de su vida busque su biografía o entrevistas en CNN

----------------------------------
Moderator note: Don't forget... English only forum. Thank you.

Google translate:

Colombian engineering Diana Trujillo who emigrated to the USA due to the armed conflict and later became a NASA scientist broadcast live and in Spanish the arrival of the perseverance rover to Mars on the NASA channel in Spanish, and if you want to know more about her life look for his biography or interviews on CNN.

RE: Congrat's to the Mars 2020 Perseverance Team! - Chr Yoko - 02-19-2021 05:32 PM

Saw it on live stream.
Very impressive achievement again !
Congratulation

RE: Congrat's to the Mars 2020 Perseverance Team! - KeithB - 02-19-2021 06:00 PM

Given all that could go wrong, it was pretty brave to live stream it.

I doubt that the Chinese will livestream theirs. 8^)

RE: Congrat's to the Mars 2020 Perseverance Team! - Valentin Albillo - 02-19-2021 07:05 PM

Hi, all:

Congratulations indeed ! A superb, most-difficult achievement, which will pave the way for future human exploration of Mars. If it succeeds in finding evidence for Martian life we might be somewhat surprised that it actually strongly resembles ancient Earth's life, meaning that life on Earth did originate on Mars and was brought here in a series of rock fragments resulting from a large impact on Mars eons ago.

Speaking of life on Mars, it reminded me of Man Plus, a 1976 science fiction novel by Frederik Pohl which I read many decades ago and at the time I enjoyed it but considered that the procedure described in it was about the worst way to proceed, Mars-izing man instead of terraforming Mars. I quote from Wikipedia:

"To survive in the thin Martian atmosphere, Roger Torraway's body must be replaced with an artificial one. At every step he becomes more and more disconnected from humanity, unable to feel things in his new body. It is only after arriving on Mars that his new body begins to make sense to him. It is perfectly adapted to this new world [...]"

V.

RE: Congrat's to the Mars 2020 Perseverance Team! - David Hayden - 02-26-2021 03:00 PM

An unsung hero of the mars exploration is the Mars Relay Network, a group of Mars satellites that relay commands from the landers to earth and back again. It's what allows (relatively) high bandwidth communication.
https://mars.nasa.gov/news/8861/the-mars-relay-network-connects-us-to-nasas-martian-explorers/

RE: Congrat's to the Mars 2020 Perseverance Team! - BruceH - 03-02-2021 10:24 PM

Yes, a great effort and sound as well. :-)

[Image: perseverance_microphones.png]