HP Forums
What should I have got with my Prime? - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: What should I have got with my Prime? (/thread-15103.html)

What should I have got with my Prime? - davidjackson0513 - 05-31-2020 05:17 PM

Ok,
I got a "deal" on Amazon or a Prime for just $89.00?
The one I got it, there was no software or Quick Start Guide , 2 usb cords and on type of plug?

I ordered a second one (maybe the just made a mistake) It had the DVD/CD but only one usb cord and the plug was different?

RE: What should I have got with my Prime? - TheLastMillennial - 06-01-2020 03:49 PM

It depends where the Prime came from and if it's a G1 or a G2. I'm only familiar with the G2 packaging but, all should come with at least a quick start guide and a cable for charging. Some G1 calculators may get a second cable for calculator to calculator transfer but all G2s will come with one.

The plug will be different or even missing depending where you bought it from. For example I bought my G2 from the Netherlands so there was no plug included. However, if you had bought it in the USA you would receive a plug that fits US electrical sockets. I believe G1s include a plug and multiple countries electrical socket plug types so HP covered all their bases in one box.

I'm not sure what calculator gets a CD included with it. Likely just G1 calculator.
If you want to fact check me, I suggest watching some unboxing videos. Wink

RE: What should I have got with my Prime? - DA74254 - 06-10-2020 07:13 PM

When I bought my G1 "A" series in 2013, it came "with everything". The G2 bought last year (I think, time flies), it came with nothing but two cables. (Maybe a QS-guide, but it's lost/thrown/gone anyway). G2 had no power plug included. Both calcs were bought at Derekenwinkel in The Netherlands.

RE: What should I have got with my Prime? - cahlucas - 06-10-2020 08:53 PM

(06-10-2020 07:13 PM)DA74254 Wrote:  Elektronika MK-52 & MK-61

Is this relevant? If these are calculators, I have never heard of this. Please clarify this.

RE: What should I have got with my Prime? - pinkman - 06-10-2020 09:52 PM

A thread not so far about these two machines: https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-2345.html?highlight=MK-52+MK-61

RE: What should I have got with my Prime? - toml_12953 - 06-11-2020 02:41 AM

(06-10-2020 08:53 PM)cahlucas Wrote:  
(06-10-2020 07:13 PM)DA74254 Wrote:  Elektronika MK-52 & MK-61

Is this relevant? If these are calculators, I have never heard of this. Please clarify this.

Those are two Russian calculators. While the quality of the materials used in construction is questionable, the programming model is very good and there are many tricks possible that aren't in the manual (which is available in Russian or English) If you collect programmable calculators, you should have one or the other if not both in your collection.

RE: What should I have got with my Prime? - DA74254 - 06-11-2020 05:28 PM

(06-11-2020 02:41 AM)toml_12953 Wrote:  
(06-10-2020 08:53 PM)cahlucas Wrote:  Is this relevant? If these are calculators, I have never heard of this. Please clarify this.

Those are two Russian calculators. While the quality of the materials used in construction is questionable, the programming model is very good and there are many tricks possible that aren't in the manual (which is available in Russian or English) If you collect programmable calculators, you should have one or the other if not both in your collection.

Umm, actually they are more correctly Soviet calcs. Though, the factory is in Ukraine, so not really Russian, but rather Ukrainian ;-)

The Elektronika Mk-52 was the one that Soviet used on their "Mir" space station that were launched in 1973 (if I'm not mistaken).

My calcs have cyrillic letters on the keys and the Mk-52 is the first (and only) calc that uses eprom to store programs, whereas the Mk-61 hase volative memory and loses all programs when turned off. (And no, I have not yet learned how to program the calcs).

The Mk-52 also has 3 slots where one can insert "Rom"-modules with programs. There exists an extended maths module and a space module that was used on "Mir".
I'm still looking to obtain the space module :-)

RE: What should I have got with my Prime? - toml_12953 - 06-11-2020 07:49 PM

(06-11-2020 05:28 PM)DA74254 Wrote:  Umm, actually they are more correctly Soviet calcs. Though, the factory is in Ukraine, so not really Russian, but rather Ukrainian ;-)

To me the Ukraine is (or should be) a part of Russia Smile (Let the rants begin!)