HP Forums
Connectivity Kit offering unsolicited and unnecessary update - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Connectivity Kit offering unsolicited and unnecessary update (/thread-14506.html)

Connectivity Kit offering unsolicited and unnecessary update - DrDarius - 02-14-2020 11:56 PM

There was a bug in the old version of Connectivity Kit which caused it to offer the user s/w & f/w updates even it they were up to date. Supposedly the bug was fixed in the latest version of the CK.

I updated to the new CK (2020 1 16), simulator (2020 1 16), and G2 f/w (2020 1 21) right after the final version of the f/w was released; probably on 01/22.

Since then, I noticed three times that the CK offered me an update (unsolicited).
The offered versions were identical with those I have presently installed.

Also, if I run Check for Updates from the menu, the same versions are offered for downloading. (Shouldn't I get the message that my s/w is up to date instead?)

Has anybody observed similar behavior? Does it mean that the 'unnecessary update' bug has not been fixed?

Darius

RE: Connectivity Kit offering unsolicited and unnecessary update - Eddie W. Shore - 02-15-2020 05:19 PM

It happens to me all the time.

RE: Connectivity Kit offering unsolicited and unnecessary update - grsbanks - 02-15-2020 05:44 PM

Same here.

This issue clearly hasn't been resolved!

RE: Connectivity Kit offering unsolicited and unnecessary update - Tim Wessman - 02-17-2020 03:53 AM

Hmmm...