HP Forums
HP Prime AUR? - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: HP Prime AUR? (/thread-13746.html)

HP Prime AUR? - TomC - 10-01-2019 09:42 PM

Hello:

I've worked through this thread and would just like to check on where to access the latest Prime Documentation?
(there's a lot in this thread, but I cannot tell if I'm getting 'the latest')

My Prime-mary interests are programming and a 'AUR' (ala the HP48 series) - if such doc exists.

Thank you,
TomC

RE: HP Prime AUR? - rprosperi - 10-02-2019 02:56 AM

(10-01-2019 09:42 PM)TomC Wrote:  Hello:

I've worked through this thread and would just like to check on where to access the latest Prime Documentation?

My Prime-mary interests are programming and a 'AUR' (ala the HP48 series) - if such doc exists.

Thank you,
TomC

Tom,

Look at this long and highly useful post:

HP-Prime: Documentation & Tutorials: https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-818-post-6136.html#pid6136

About 8 pages down, you'll find links and ftp address of where to get the latest manuals, s/w, etc. The ftp site is typically the best source for the latest versions, however there have been no new manuals since last October, so the links shown should be adequate.

HP does not publish anything like the 50g AUR, only the core User Guide; it is quite long and detailed, but it is not comprehensive and does not contain listings of all commands, especially those in the CAS. For reasons I've never understood, it seems the exact list of CAS commands available in the Prime remains elusive to everyone involved, including Parisse. Perhaps that is a result of the way the CAS works, and there is a good reason for that; still, it would seem someone should know. To be fair, it appears the undocumented commands are fairly obscure, so you're unlikely to need or encounter them until you've used Prime for a while.

Also, keep in mind that installing the Virtual Prime includes the full User Guide in the Help menu.

RE: HP Prime AUR? - john gustaf stebbins - 10-02-2019 04:37 AM

The in-calculator help function provides pretty thorough information on the calculator functions similar to what was provided in the AUR.

-jgs

RE: HP Prime AUR? - TomC - 10-02-2019 09:42 AM

Bob:

Thanks; went to the ftp site under 1). HP Official...

and got a 'forbidden' response.

TomC

(10-02-2019 02:56 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(10-01-2019 09:42 PM)TomC Wrote:  Hello:

Thank you,
TomC

Tom,

Look at this long and highly useful post:

HP-Prime: Documentation & Tutorials: https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-818-post-6136.html#pid6136

About 8 pages down, you'll find links and ftp address of where to get the latest manuals, s/w, etc. The ftp site is typically the best source for the latest versions, however there have been no new manuals since last October, so the links shown should be adequate.

HP does not publish anything like the 50g AUR, only the core User Guide; it is quite long and detailed, but it is not comprehensive and does not contain listings of all commands, especially those in the CAS. For reasons I've never understood, it seems the exact list of CAS commands available in the Prime remains elusive to everyone involved, including Parisse. Perhaps that is a result of the way the CAS works, and there is a good reason for that; still, it would seem someone should know. To be fair, it appears the undocumented commands are fairly obscure, so you're unlikely to need or encounter them until you've used Prime for a while.

Also, keep in mind that installing the Virtual Prime includes the full User Guide in the Help menu.

RE: HP Prime AUR? - ijabbott - 10-02-2019 08:27 PM

(10-02-2019 09:42 AM)TomC Wrote:  Bob:

TomC

I wouldn't worry about it too much. It has the same version of the User Guide as on the web site. It does have a later edition (3rd edition) of the Quick Start Guide than on the web site though.

RE: HP Prime AUR? - rprosperi - 10-02-2019 09:19 PM

(10-02-2019 09:42 AM)TomC Wrote:  Bob:

TomC

It comes and it goes... it seems to be up right now, but it was indeed down earlier in the day.

The main reason for even discussing it is so you'll have it in the future when there will hopefully be updates for both the docs and s/w.

As I mentioned above, the latest docs are included when you install the Virtual Prime, so you probably have it already.

HP Prime Calculator Portal is another site with all the official HP downloads, plus some other HP application notes, worksheets, etc.

http://www.hp-prime.de/en/content

Finally, there is an AUR-like document here, though I don't know how up-to-date it is:

https://en.hpprime.club/docs