HP Forums
New Prime crashing - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: New Prime crashing (/thread-13485.html)

New Prime crashing - nlawrence - 08-21-2019 05:43 PM

Hi All,

I have just purchased a new HP Prime and am trying it out. I have written a small program to generate a boolean truth table from an expression but I am getting inconsistent results. Assuming I am running the program repeatedly with the same input, sometimes it will not have any issues and run fine each time, sometimes it will run 2 or 3 times and then crash on the next run, sometimes it will crash every time I run the program.

Each time I use a different expression it seems to randomly select from one of the 3 described behaviours and then will keeping repeating the behaviour until I change the expression. The most common result is the intermittent crashing.

It's hard to write out without taking up a lot of vertical space but imagine that each line below is the function being typed in once and executed multiple (10+) times, with it being retyped after a crash.

e.g.
BTT("x+y+z") - works fine each time (each time I press the enter key in home screen)
BTT("x+y>z") - crashes on each run (crash reboot, retype, crash, reboot, etc.)
BTT("x+y+z") - will now crash intermittently (run two or three times, then crash, retype, etc.)
BTT("x+y>z") - will now work fine with no crashing at all
BTT("x+y+z") - will now crash on every run
etc.

My questions are:
  1. Is this a known issue that I can resolve? I have done some searching and have tried resetting the calculator with the various methods, including the CFO+reset, to no avail.
  2. I plan on using this calculator in university exams, I don't mind the crashing too much but is there a risk I will loose data on each reboot? So far it just seems to be a temporary setback.
  3. Could this be caused by my program? I have tried other built in functions but can't replicate the crashing. The program runs with no issues on the win 10 emulator and I wouldn't expect that I can program something that can cause a crash, but is that a possibility? Also given that sometimes the program runs fine I assume that this is not the issue.
The Help>About screen says:
Software Version: 2.1.14181 (2018 10 16)
Hardware Version: D
CAS Version 1.4.9
Operating System V2.060.650

RE: New Prime crashing - thenozone - 08-21-2019 08:26 PM

No expert but would suggest you save your program to PC and upload as an attachment and some one is more likely to be able to assist you that way.