HP Forums
Woodstock self-test? - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Woodstock self-test? (/thread-12795.html)

Woodstock self-test? - striegel - 04-12-2019 09:24 PM

Is there a key sequence that launches a self-test on the HP-21 Woodstock?

This is my first HP LED calculator, as I've concentrated on LCD models previously. Those have test sequences that have been pretty well documented on the RSKEY site page.

Alan

RE: Woodstock self-test? - Maximilian Hohmann - 04-12-2019 10:39 PM

Hello!

(04-12-2019 09:24 PM)striegel Wrote:  Is there a key sequence that launches a self-test on the HP-21 Woodstock?

No. To my knowledge, the only LED HP calculators with built-in self-tests are the third generation models (31...38) where STO ENTER will start the test.
And those with a card reader (65, 67, 97), but these did not have a built-in test and instead require a "diagnostic" magnetic card included in the standard pac.

Regards
Max

RE: Woodstock self-test? - rprosperi - 04-13-2019 04:41 AM

(04-12-2019 09:24 PM)striegel Wrote:  Is there a key sequence that launches a self-test on the HP-21 Woodstock?

This is my first HP LED calculator, as I've concentrated on LCD models previously. Those have test sequences that have been pretty well documented on the RSKEY site page.

Alan

Woodstocks definitely do not have any built-in diagnostics, however there are folks here (not me) that know it inside and out, so if you're having an issue, post the most detailed notes you can about the symptoms, observations, etc. and it's likely someone here will recognize the symptoms and be able to diagnose the problem for you, or at least suggest additional things to try to narrow the focus further.

A key thing to know is if the unit was ever powered with the AC adapter without a 100% known-good battery pack properly installed - and btw, never, ever do that; in fact it's best to charge the batteries outside the unit at all times.

HTH