HP Forums
USB power module and 41CL update - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: USB power module and 41CL update (/thread-12650.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: USB power module and 41CL update - CY-CL - 04-22-2019 02:57 PM

(04-22-2019 01:06 PM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  Acronyms:
  • FN = fullnut (removable motherboard)
  • HN = halfnut (cost saving, cpu soldered on keyboard PCB & other enhancements)
  • TK = tall keys
  • BN = blank nut (most keys have no marking on them, hence blank)
Possible combinaison:
  • FN-TK -> 41C only
  • FN -> 41C, CV & CX
  • FN-BN -> 41C, CV & CX
  • HN -> 41C rare, CV & CX
  • HN-BN -> 41C very rare, CV & CX

[*]FN-TK -> 41C, CV (two are known)

RE: USB power module and 41CL update - burkhard - 04-22-2019 04:27 PM

(04-22-2019 01:06 PM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  [*]FN = fullnut (removable motherboard)

Argh, thanks. I can't believe I didn't come up with that! Monday morning syndrome, I guess.

RE: USB power module and 41CL update - Artur - Brasil - 04-30-2019 01:37 AM

Hi, Diego
I saw in your site that exists one reflashfor HP-12C+ (which model is this one?).
This reflash turns it in what, 15C?

There would be a site where I could read about this?

Best wishes from Brasil!
Artur

RE: USB power module and 41CL update - Diego Diaz - 05-03-2019 12:10 AM

Hi Arthur,

I'm affraid you've probably mixed names or web pages.

My site is dedicated to HP-41 and the projects I build for it (Clonix, NoV's ,USB-41 and Flex-PCB replacements), along with some technical info.

I have not any HP-12 related information. Sorry.

Hope you can find that info eslewhere.

Best from Spain.

Diego.

RE: USB power module and 41CL update - Garth Wilson - 05-03-2019 10:01 PM

(03-24-2019 04:11 PM)Diego Diaz Wrote:  Regrettably I'm not able to provide/build such cables at the moment (nor in a foreseeable future) due to lack of spare module housings. :-(

What if I send you one (an 82106A memory module) to modify? I'm in southern Taxifornia, I mean California.

RE: USB power module and 41CL update - Diego Diaz - 05-07-2019 07:47 AM

Hi Garth,

I'm affraid it won't arrive before I leave... :-(

And since I'm about to stay away for a few months, you'd better keep it for now.

However, now you have a spare housing/connector it should be easy for any technician (or handicrafted person) to build a power cable following the available info.

Good luck!

Diego.

RE: USB power module and 41CL update - Garth Wilson - 05-08-2019 01:23 AM

(05-07-2019 07:47 AM)Diego Diaz Wrote:  Hi Garth,

I'm affraid it won't arrive before I leave... :-(

And since I'm about to stay away for a few months, you'd better keep it for now.

However, now you have a spare housing/connector it should be easy for any technician (or handicrafted person) to build a power cable following the available info.

I'm good with my hands and with soldering, but I figured it would be best to leave this to someone who has already ruined a couple of module shells in the process of learning the tricks of opening them without damage, rather than by taking that same path myself. I expect that my first one is not likely to turn out as good. I'm in no hurry, so I might just wait 'til you're back. Thanks.

RE: USB power module and 41CL update - Diego Diaz - 05-09-2019 11:41 PM

Hi Garth,

"...but I figured it would be best to leave this to someone who has already ruined a couple of module shells in the process of learning the tricks of opening them without damage..."

Hahaha... more than a couple indeed! :-)

I must say to my defense that there are modules which are almost impossible to crack-open without damage (e.g. PANAME); on the other hand most 82106A open perfectly clean.

Will mail you again once I'm back home in Canary Islands.

Cheers!

Diego.