HP Forums
Foam piece from inside HP-41C ? - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Foam piece from inside HP-41C ? (/thread-12422.html)

Foam piece from inside HP-41C ? - jonese - 02-14-2019 02:39 AM

I was repairing my HP-41C and when I was closing it up, I noticed a small piece of foam on my workbench left over that very closely resembled the same material as the foot pads on the bottom of the calculator. I'm wondering if I wasn't paying attention and it fell out of the assembly somewhere when I had it open.

It's approximately 12.0 x 4.0 x 1.8 mm with some adhesive residue on one side.

Was it part of my 41C ? And if so, where does it go? The calculator functions normally as best as I can tell.

[Image: foam-piece.jpg]

RE: Foam piece from inside HP-41C ? - hewlpac - 02-14-2019 04:32 AM

I don’t believe that belongs inside. May have come from a previous repair effort?