HP Forums
HP-35S Branching Tricks??? - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: HP-35S Branching Tricks??? (/thread-1152.html)

HP-35S Branching Tricks??? - Matt Agajanian - 04-23-2014 06:17 AM

Hi there. I finally entered into my 35S the full-featuted polar-rectangular/complex number conversion program from this thread:P/R--Complex Number Conversions

As it contains branches to line numbers, as I added lines, the branching line numbers constantly changed as I was writing the program. So, I decided to just remove the branch instructions and add them after I finished entering the program. Thus, after I finished the program entry, I decided to enter the branch instructions last. As I did so, these branching instruction numbers changed as well but not to the correct locations as this program was written.

Is there a better method to entering the branching instructions as the locations dynamically change?

RE: HP-35S Branching Tricks??? - r. pienne - 04-23-2014 08:56 AM

Enter dummy locations, like GTO Z999, then when the program entry is finished, go back and correct the locations.

R.

RE: HP-35S Branching Tricks??? - Paul Dale - 04-23-2014 09:32 AM

Enter the program exactly as listed. Don't make any mistakes.
The lines numbers and GTOs will be correct.

Forward GTO references don't get changed until there are that many lines.

- Pauli

RE: HP-35S Branching Tricks??? - Matt Agajanian - 04-23-2014 05:11 PM

Thanks folks. At first, I tried to enter the listing straight through. Thus, I got the 'NON-EXISTENT' errors as I entered the go-to instructs. So, I then just entered the prog without the transfers. Then, as I tried to enter the Goto commands at the top, each goto would change the number I put in. So I thought to work backward and change the goto instructions in reverse. In any case, I'm not certain how I fixed in and in what direction I went to change the go to instructions but it all flowed into place.