HP Forums
Getting at a Prime backup - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Getting at a Prime backup (/thread-11072.html)

Getting at a Prime backup - grsbanks - 07-17-2018 12:41 PM

It could be something simple that I'm overlooking...

I have two HP Primes with identical hardware. Ideally, what I'd like to do is simply make a backup of my work Prime, get at that backup to store it in my Google drive, which is synced to my laptop at home, recover that backup file on my laptop, throw it at my home Prime and restore from it, this keeping both work and home Primes in sync.

What I don't seem to be able to do is get at that backup on the Prime!

Alternatively what I suppose I could try and do is sync the work Prime to a Virtual Prime on my work PC, sync the data to the Virtual Prime at home via Google drive and then sync that to the home Prime, but it would be nice to be able to do that without involving the extra step of the Virtual Primes.

RE: Getting at a Prime backup - Joe Horn - 07-17-2018 03:45 PM

When you perform a Backup using the Connectivity Kit, it asks you first where you want to store the backup. It's a standard ZIP file which you can name whatever you want. Just move that file to your Google Drive (or wherever you wish). You can Restore any Prime from that file. Hope that helps!

RE: Getting at a Prime backup - grsbanks - 07-17-2018 05:55 PM

(07-17-2018 03:45 PM)Joe Horn Wrote:  When you perform a Backup using the Connectivity Kit […]

Facepalm!

Of course... Do the backup with the CK, not directly on the Prime itself... I did say it was probably something simple!

Thanks for the prompt, Joe Smile