HP Forums
Problem using emulator with connectivity kit (Solved) - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Problem using emulator with connectivity kit (Solved) (/thread-10616.html)

Problem using emulator with connectivity kit (Solved) - Geoff - 04-28-2018 09:21 PM

I got my Prime about a month ago, and have been having great fun learning to program it. It's quite a switch from my 48SX. I can't tell you how much I've also learned by reading these forums. However I'm now having a problem that I can't find on the forum.

For the first couple of weeks I could open the emulator and it would also appear in the connectivity kit. This was great as the emulator runs much faster, so I could test my program more quickly. The hardware Prime continues to work with the connectivity kit perfectly.

Then a couple of weeks ago this suddenly stopped working. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the connectivity kit and the emulator. I checked that both are version 1.40.13441.0, which is the most current I can find. I guess I should also mention I'm running Windows 10 64-bit.

Any thoughts on how I can get the emulator talking to the connectivity kit again?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Geoff

RE: Problem using emulator with connectivity kit - tcab - 04-28-2018 10:57 PM

Try fiddling with the Prime emulator clock/wifi connection menu - see point #2 in my recent wishlist post.

RE: Problem using emulator with connectivity kit - Geoff - 04-29-2018 12:32 AM

(04-28-2018 10:57 PM)tcab Wrote:  Try fiddling with the Prime emulator clock/wifi connection menu - see point #2 in my recent wishlist post.

Tried what you suggest in point 2, but it's not working for me after numerous attempts. Windows vs. Mac difference? I only see "No networks available" on page 4 of the Home Settings, on both the emulator and my Prime.

Geoff

RE: Problem using emulator with connectivity kit - tcab - 05-03-2018 09:40 AM

Also ensure you are connected to wifi. When I was on holiday and offline recently, my Prime to Connectivity Kit connection wasn't working on my laptop. Then I connected my laptop to my iPhone hotspot to check my email etc, and immediately the Prime emulator appeared in the HP Connectivity Kit panel.

Its a long shot, since everybody is on the internet most times, but I thought I'd mention it.

RE: Problem using emulator with connectivity kit - Geoff - 05-06-2018 03:58 PM

(05-03-2018 09:40 AM)tcab Wrote:  Also ensure you are connected to wifi. When I was on holiday and offline recently, my Prime to Connectivity Kit connection wasn't working on my laptop. Then I connected my laptop to my iPhone hotspot to check my email etc, and immediately the Prime emulator appeared in the HP Connectivity Kit panel.

Its a long shot, since everybody is on the internet most times, but I thought I'd mention it.

Since no one else is jumping in I assume my problem is something unique that I've messed up, and can hopefully fix.

My computer is a desktop, and thus permanently cabled to my router. Wi-Fi is on, but only to transfer stuff to my tablet and phone.

I checked the emulator and "IP Networking" was turned on in Preferences. This got me thinking, so I checked the Connectivity Kit and IP Networking was not turned on. Change that and the emulator reappeared.

Don't remember altering that setting, but I do have a bad habit of fiddling too much. Just glad to have the connection back. Posting my solution here so it's available for others.

Thanks tcab for your help and ideas!!

Geoff