HP Forums
i41CX+ feature request (or if already there, request to end my ignorance) :-) - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Not HP Calculators (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Not quite HP Calculators - but related (/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: i41CX+ feature request (or if already there, request to end my ignorance) :-) (/thread-10407.html)

i41CX+ feature request (or if already there, request to end my ignorance) :-) - Gene - 03-30-2018 07:08 PM

I would like the ability to print a program from memory (or rom) directly to a .txt file that can be emailed within the i41CX+ environment.

I wanted to get a listing of the QUEUE program from the Test Stats 1B rom (Angel's work) and was scratching my head.

Any suggestions ?

RE: i41CX+ feature request (or if already there, request to end my ignorance) :-) - Thomas Okken - 03-30-2018 07:56 PM

I don't know about i41CX+... But I have i41CX, with the printer add-on, and when I send output to the emulated printer, I can then email it from within the app. I don't know if there is a limit to the number of lines it will buffer, but I just tried this with the PRPLOT program from the printer ROM, which is 341 lines, and that worked fine.

RE: i41CX+ feature request (or if already there, request to end my ignorance) :-) - Gene - 03-30-2018 08:33 PM

And there you go. Thanks Thomas. As Homer Simpson might say "Doh!"

Another question. The app does seem to limit the size of the printer roll. I was asked 3 times to save the roll for the QUEUE program (which is 960+ lines long). That created 3/4 images in the phone camera roll.

It also made it tough / impossible to email the TEXT of the program since the printer only emailed the **last** portion of the printer paper roll.

RE: i41CX+ feature request (or if already there, request to end my ignorance) :-) - Thomas Okken - 03-30-2018 08:44 PM

If, instead of saving the print-out when prompted, you hit "dismiss", it will happily keep adding to the existing one. I just verified that I can print PRPLOT three times and then email the print-out, which is well over 1000 lines at that point. Generating the email took a couple of seconds, but the output is all there, in text and image. (You can turn off emailing the image, which would probably speed things up a bit.)

RE: i41CX+ feature request (or if already there, request to end my ignorance) :-) - Gene - 03-30-2018 08:55 PM

Excellent. Worked as desired and advertised. Many thanks.

It turned out to be a request to end my ignorance. :-)