HP Forums
HP Classic with an HP badge? - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: HP Classic with an HP badge? (/thread-10390.html)

HP Classic with an HP badge? - mfleming - 03-25-2018 11:35 PM

Hi all,

I bought an HP-45 a while back in order to use it for Harald's Classic Controller board that hosts Teenix emulators. Very neat product, by the way. I noticed an odd look to the calculator when I bought it - it had an HP logo badge in the upper right corner. I didn't think too much of it at the time, but looking around at various sources, I haven't found a similar calculator. Here's what I mean

[Image: uc?export=view&id=1yb0RVqlAtomTB...m0lpsoN1xh]

It reminds me a bit of the HP49G+ with the HP50 faceplate I posted a while back! (Must be from the Island of Dr. Moreau's Calculators) The 45 came from the original owner who was selling it himself. The serial number of the calculator is 1301A 06372. The badge is solidly attached with a little bit of glue or epoxy showing at some edges. Could the owner have attached the badge and, if so, where might it have come from?

Any thoughts or ideas appreciated!
~Mark

RE: HP Classic with an HP badge? - rprosperi - 03-26-2018 12:47 AM

(03-25-2018 11:35 PM)mfleming Wrote:  Hi all,

I bought an HP-45 a while back in order to use it for Harald's Classic Controller board that hosts Teenix emulators. Very neat product, by the way. I noticed an odd look to the calculator when I bought it - it had an HP logo badge in the upper right corner. I didn't think too much of it at the time, but looking around at various sources, I haven't found a similar calculator. Here's what I mean

[Image: uc?export=view&id=1yb0RVqlAtomTB...m0lpsoN1xh]

It reminds me a bit of the HP49G+ with the HP50 faceplate I posted a while back! (Must be from the Island of Dr. Moreau's Calculators) The 45 came from the original owner who was selling it himself. The serial number of the calculator is 1301A 06372. The badge is solidly attached with a little bit of glue or epoxy showing at some edges. Could the owner have attached the badge and, if so, where might it have come from?

Any thoughts or ideas appreciated!
~Mark

Yes, it was glued-on by a prior owner. There is a similar thread in the old forum with essentially the same scenario, though IIRC, it was an HP-35. I'm sorry, but visions of retiring off of eBay profits should be getting hazy about now. Wink

RE: HP Classic with an HP badge? - mfleming - 03-26-2018 01:12 AM

Thanks Bob! A few more oddities like this and I can open my own sideshow!
~Mark

RE: HP Classic with an HP badge? - Joe Horn - 03-26-2018 01:46 AM

Possibly taken off a dead power supply, like this one was:

[Image: nowin1.jpg]

RE: HP Classic with an HP badge? - Paul Berger (Canada) - 03-26-2018 01:53 AM

I have had one of those logos sitting here for a long time and I did not know where it came from, and when you mentioned the power supply I went and looked 6296A sure enough there are two holes in the front that match the posts on the back of the logo.

Paul.

RE: HP Classic with an HP badge? - BobVA - 03-26-2018 09:51 PM

Sadly it looks like somebody filched the logo from my 6201B power supply before it got to me. I like to think it's being worn as a lapel pin by some fellow calculator otaku somewhere.

But at least now I know what those two holes are for!

RE: HP Classic with an HP badge? - Archilog - 04-08-2018 06:49 PM

It is also the logo applied onto the HP-80's box. I ignore if it needs two holes like for the power supply.

RE: HP Classic with an HP badge? - aurelio - 04-09-2018 07:26 PM

better to be away from this kind of customization.... Smile