Hope is never lost, I guess
05-18-2018, 06:08 PM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2018 06:11 PM by aurelio.)
Hope is never lost, I guess
Hello, I don't want to resume any conflict, far from my way

but I ask please if is it possible to recover something of the lost material, it is very sad while opening a page saved on the browser to read what you see in the attachment
thankyou in advance

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-18-2018, 08:24 PM
RE: Hope is never lost, I guess
(05-18-2018 06:08 PM)aurelio Wrote:  Hello, I don't want to resume any conflict, far from my way

but I ask please if is it possible to recover something of the lost material, it is very sad while opening a page saved on the browser to read what you see in the attachment
thankyou in advance

What information are you searching for? Perhaps some users(s) have saved it and it is still available.

Asking Dave to try to restore all the lost data just so that a bad link never comes up is not reasonable (IMHO) however searching for a specific thing may be. Please give us a hint what are trying to find.

--Bob Prosperi
05-19-2018, 09:35 AM (This post was last modified: 05-19-2018 09:37 AM by aurelio.)
(05-18-2018 08:24 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(05-18-2018 06:08 PM)aurelio Wrote:  Hello, I don't want to resume any conflict, far from my way

thankyou in advance

What information are you searching for? Perhaps some users(s) have saved it and it is still available.

Asking Dave to try to restore all the lost data just so that a bad link never comes up is not reasonable (IMHO) however searching for a specific thing may be. Please give us a hint what are trying to find.

Thank you Bob for the answer, nothing of particular is urgent
I left opened in one of my browsers, in place to save (!) the links to several pages with threads which I found interesting and useful, in way to do not search them every time when needed, mostly concerning the 41CL...this is my fault

for example the upgrade by HPIL module, but for these ones I've found material on the GitHub site, which I remember they were linked to,
What about the others .......I don't know but I guess even are missing any replies by the same user in still existing threads if they have not been quoted by other users

I'll try to get one of those for example in the afternoon, but it's hard to list what you lost if not listed before Smile
thankyou again
05-19-2018, 11:00 AM (This post was last modified: 05-19-2018 11:04 AM by Zaphod.)
There are ways to access threads which have been removed by moderation.....

I hope the mods won't mind me just providing the links to illustrate the way for the OP to view them .....

If you google a particular (removed) subject... say:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?source=h..._p4zahRWj8

You will see some of those links are now dead , for example if you click the 3rd one down in that list ^ (Entitled 'on and on') it says the page doesn't exist..

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&...GvYNKesJtl

But if you click the little down arrow/triangle at the end of the pages description:
[Image: Screen_Shot_2018-05-19_at_12.01.49.png]

it does still exist in google's cache. (for now at least)

If you know the actual title of the thread that you can't find anymore , you should be able to use the technique above to get the data you require on your browser privately ....

That's the only help I can give you.
05-19-2018, 11:25 AM
(05-19-2018 11:00 AM)Zaphod Wrote:  There are ways to access threads which have been removed by moderation.....
[omissis]
thankyou for the hint
05-20-2018, 05:30 PM (This post was last modified: 05-20-2018 05:32 PM by aurelio.)
(05-19-2018 11:00 AM)Zaphod Wrote:  There are ways to access threads which have been removed by moderation.....

But if you click the little down arrow/triangle at the end of the pages description:
[Image: Screen_Shot_2018-05-19_at_12.01.49.png]

it does still exist in google's cache. (for now at least)

If you know the actual title of the thread that you can't find anymore , you should be able to use the technique above to get the data you require on your browser privately ....

Hi Zaphod, I've tried a few times but I don't understand where is the arrow you are talking about (and showing), the only arrow I see on my browser is the one in the address box, sorry if I don't understand, but I cannot acces to the cache
I've tried with three different kind of browsers
05-20-2018, 05:39 PM (This post was last modified: 05-20-2018 05:42 PM by Zaphod.)
I’m using safari on a Mac , the triangle shows ok (as per the screen shot I posted above)

But no such triangle on my iPad Pro, nor does it show on my iPhone browser

I’m not near a Windows PC so I don’t know what shows on that (I use Firefox on that )
05-20-2018, 06:26 PM
(05-20-2018 05:39 PM)Zaphod Wrote:  I’m using safari on a Mac , the triangle shows ok (as per the screen shot I posted above)

I’m not near a Windows PC so I don’t know what shows on that (I use Firefox on that )

I also use Firefox, but no such triangle, indeed
05-20-2018, 06:34 PM
The triangles appear in google search results on Windows in both IE11 and Chrome, but do not appear on Android. Likely this feature is suppressed on mobile web pages as the triangle is so tiny it would be near impossible to touch.

--Bob Prosperi
05-20-2018, 06:35 PM (This post was last modified: 05-20-2018 06:35 PM by Zaphod.)
You could also try https://web.archive.org/web/201804022204...org/forum/

Picked at random from 2.4.18
05-20-2018, 07:53 PM
(05-20-2018 06:34 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  The triangles appear in google search results on Windows in both IE11 and Chrome, but do not appear on Android. Likely this feature is suppressed on mobile web pages as the triangle is so tiny it would be near impossible to touch.

You get the downwards triangles to the right of the green URLs on Android Chrome if you select the "Desktop site" option in the "three vertical dots" menu. It's a bit tricky to click on the triangle as they are rather small, so some zooming may be required.
05-20-2018, 11:25 PM
(05-20-2018 06:26 PM)aurelio Wrote:  
(05-20-2018 05:39 PM)Zaphod Wrote:  I’m using safari on a Mac , the triangle shows ok (as per the screen shot I posted above)

I also use Firefox, but no such triangle, indeed
found instead, thanks.........
The problem with the cache, is maybe that you can see just one page if the thread is longer, the one...... in the cache
05-21-2018, 12:18 AM
(05-20-2018 07:53 PM)ijabbott Wrote:  You get the downwards triangles to the right of the green URLs on Android Chrome if you select the "Desktop site" option in the "three vertical dots" menu. It's a bit tricky to click on the triangle as they are rather small, so some zooming may be required.

Great point. I totally forgot Android Chrome even allowed that; I tried it out in the past, but never use it, as it's a PITA to use many desktop controls, for obvious reasons. Though it is impressive how well the full desktop pages render in mobile browser.

Thanks.

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)