New firmware upcoming
04-17-2014, 02:25 PM
New firmware upcoming
Source :
http://forum.hp-prime.de/discussion/102/...g-firmware

Quote:Here's a shortlist of the upcoming changes in the new HP Prime firmware. We have listened to you as users and have adapted some of the changes you've mentioned. Also, a lot of bugs in the previous edition were solved.
Thank you for your ongoing support and 'critisism', we do value this!

New Functionality (Connectivity Kit)
1. Application has had major improvements to the user interface. Please refer to the included connectivity kit users guide for instructions and details.
2. Support for the HP Wireless Classroom network has been introduced. Please see http://www.hp.com/calculators/ for details on the Wireless Classroom kit.
3. Greatly enhanced communication speed over USB link to calculator.

New Functionality (Calculator Software)
1. Improved touch support throughout system. This includes pinch to zoom support in graphing applications, and kinetic scrolling.
2. Pressing HELP in an open command line will attempt to find the name of the command prior to the cursor position to display system help for that command.
3. Includes revision 2 of the on calculator help files.
4. Greatly enhanced robustness and capability of statistics 2 variable logistic fit.
5. Wireless support for capable units turned on. Wireless icon will appear in the right top corner menu.
6. Calculator Unit-to-Unit communications has now been enabled on units that can support it.
7. Numerical values now can be displayed with digit groupings. Examples include: 1,234.567 1 234.567 and 1’234,567
8. Two new numerical display formats introduced.
9. Vectors are now displayed as a single line object until they become a matrix. This aids distinguishing vector and matrices apart further.
10. User selectable first day of week setting for use through the system.
11. First boot unlock and settings wizard. User will be asked to confirm language selection and some initial settings.
12. Inference application now can do Chi^2 calculations and Linear Regression T calculations.
13. Geometry application has been completely redone and is much faster, consistent, and capable then before.
14. Enhanced color pickers allowing a greater range of color selection.
15. Pressing ENTER will now open chooser in a dialog, or toggle checkbox.
16. Enhanced unit object display to ensure a more standard form with complex units.
17. TRIANGLE, FILLPOLY and LINE commands can now draw multiple objects in a consistent way with each other. Useful for very complicated 3D drawing in user programs.
18. INPUT command can now create multiple page dialogs and contain choose boxes, check boxes and grouped check boxes. It can also allow specific item types and gives control of parsing behavior for input. It also supports size and position control.

New Functionality (Virtual Calculator)
1. A horizontal skin has been included for use with monitors that are restricted in the vertical pixel range.

INPUT command can now create multiple page dialogs and contain choose boxes, check boxes and grouped check boxes

VERY COOL !

http://mic.nic.free.fr - Youtube - Facebook
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-17-2014, 04:12 PM (This post was last modified: 04-17-2014 04:16 PM by jebem.)
RE: New firmware upcoming
At last! If that information is to be trusted...?

From the KlaasKuperus's post, it seems he works for HP...?

(...) KlaasKuperus 14.April:
Good morning dear HP Prime community,
Here's a shortlist of the upcoming changes in the new HP Prime firmware. We have listened to you as users and have adapted some of the changes you've mentioned. Also, a lot of bugs in the previous edition were solved.
Thank you for your ongoing support and 'critisism', we do value this! (...)

I use to visit it on a regular basis, as it seems very comprehensive (Advertizing, software downloads, documentation, Wiki, Forum, ...).
Anyone knows what is the relationship between HP and this HP Prime German site?

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

04-17-2014, 05:05 PM
Cool!

13. Geometry application has been completely redone and is much faster, consistent, and capable then before.

:O

My website: erwin.ried.cl
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-18-2014, 07:45 AM
7. Numerical values now can be displayed with digit groupings. Examples include: 1,234.567 1 234.567 and 1’234,567
Finally!

But nothing on RPN improvements :-(
04-18-2014, 08:53 AM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2014 08:57 AM by dg1969.)
Hi,

I am very happy with this news...
For me the most urgent needs of improvements :
- Will it be possible to assign custom functions/ program / commands sequence to the soft key menu ?
- Can we use the CAS commands in program in a much simpler way ... ability to use local var in CAS program area... For example :
LOCAL f='SIN(x)', g='';
INPUT(f);
g:=laplace(f,x); // or g:=CAS(laplace(f,x))
actually if we want to construct symbolic object in a program we need to "play" with : quotes, STRING(), SUBST(), EXPR()... It's awesome !

- I would also like a small improvement in the function app... Allow the plot of family curves with list inside expression.
$$f(x)=\exp(\{1,\,2,\,4.5\}\cdot x)$$

I like these machine but for now it's hard to use it efficiently... I am very eager to see what's new... Units conversions for example...

Thanks to HP prime team for these great job !
04-21-2014, 02:04 PM
Any estimate on when the upgrade will be available?
04-21-2014, 04:56 PM
In May.

04-22-2014, 03:31 PM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2014 03:34 PM by Cristóbal De Jesús.)
About the newly written Geometry app, a nice thing to have would be to be able to copy and paste the entries in the Symbolic View. We could share and discuss those in places like this forum, and also manipulate the text programmatically, among other things.

On the current implementation, if using the dark color scheme, labels in Plot View do not display properly, please review this before publishing the next update. Thanks.
04-22-2014, 03:41 PM
(04-18-2014 08:53 AM)dg1969 Wrote:  - I would also like a small improvement in the function app... Allow the plot of family curves with list inside expression.
$$f(x)=\exp(\{1,\,2,\,4.5\}\cdot x)$$

I like these machine but for now it's hard to use it efficiently... I am very eager to see what's new... Units conversions for example...

Thanks to HP prime team for these great job !

How about creating \( f(x,n):=exp(n*x) \) and then just using something like \( f(x,2) \) for your function.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
04-24-2014, 09:39 AM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2014 09:40 AM by KlaasKuperus.)
(04-17-2014 04:12 PM)jebem Wrote:  At last! If that information is to be trusted...?

From the KlaasKuperus's post, it seems he works for HP...?

(...) KlaasKuperus 14.April:
Good morning dear HP Prime community,
Here's a shortlist of the upcoming changes in the new HP Prime firmware. We have listened to you as users and have adapted some of the changes you've mentioned. Also, a lot of bugs in the previous edition were solved.
Thank you for your ongoing support and 'critisism', we do value this! (...)

I use to visit it on a regular basis, as it seems very comprehensive (Advertizing, software downloads, documentation, Wiki, Forum, ...).
Anyone knows what is the relationship between HP and this HP Prime German site?

Hi jebem,

Yes, to a certain level I work for HP. Smile I am the EMEA product manager for HP for the company MORAVIA, who is the EMEA MD for HP calcs and I have been promoting and selling HP calcs for the last 6 years. MORAVIA has a 20+ years history with HP. The information I give, is information straight from either HP or the market. In this case: HP. So it can certainly be trusted. Smile

About the HP Prime portal: it was indeed originally initiated a a German portal website for Prime users. We have added several other languages (English, Russian, Italian and Dutch) and will continue to add more to make this a central 'hub' for all information concerning the HP Prime. Be sure to visit often for more news!

Product Manager HP for MORAVIA Consulting, the EMEA & AP Licensee for HP Calculators.

http://www.hpcalcs.com
04-24-2014, 10:15 AM
More like dealer marketing strategy than hp official information, but it really doesn't matter. If hp decides to offer additional support for the hp Prime, hp will, undoubtedly, have a bona fide source for it.

It's sort of like predicting earthquakes, a "you heard it here, first," says the soothsayer.
04-24-2014, 12:20 PM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2014 12:21 PM by KlaasKuperus.)
(04-24-2014 10:15 AM)DrD Wrote:  More like dealer marketing strategy than hp official information, but it really doesn't matter. If hp decides to offer additional support for the hp Prime, hp will, undoubtedly, have a bona fide source for it.

It's sort of like predicting earthquakes, a "you heard it here, first," says the soothsayer.

A bit of both I think. It's important to create, maintain and please the user community. Making sure all the information is available as soon as we know it, is an important matter for us. As we all know, making changes on the official HP website can take a while, which is why this, HP supported, website has been created. Smile

Product Manager HP for MORAVIA Consulting, the EMEA & AP Licensee for HP Calculators.

http://www.hpcalcs.com
04-24-2014, 06:50 PM
(04-24-2014 09:39 AM)KlaasKuperus Wrote:  (...) I am the EMEA product manager for HP for the company MORAVIA, who is the EMEA MD for HP calcs and I have been promoting and selling HP calcs for the last 6 years. MORAVIA has a 20+ years history with HP. The information I give, is information straight from either HP or the market. In this case: HP. So it can certainly be trusted. Smile

Thank You!

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

04-25-2014, 10:37 PM
This new update is very nice for me!!!
I'm waiting for a update to the User's Guide and some bug fixes...
04-25-2014, 11:20 PM (This post was last modified: 04-25-2014 11:22 PM by jebem.)
(04-25-2014 10:37 PM)Anderson Costa Wrote:  This new update is very nice for me!!!

Oi, como vai você desse lado do Atlântico?
Eu fico viajando para muito lugar do Brasil (São Paulo, Rio, Belem, Porto Alegre), mas ainda não tive oportunidade de conhecer Minas Gerais. Talvez um dia, quem sabe!

I'm sorry guys for using Portuguese just a little here, I couldn't resist myself to say a special "hello" and Welcome to a Brazilian new member of this Forum.

I wonder what bug issues will be fixed in the next firmware release, as the initial post just comments on "New Functionality". Let us wait and see...

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

05-13-2014, 08:38 PM
Hey, it's May!
05-13-2014, 09:27 PM
(04-25-2014 11:20 PM)jebem Wrote:  
(04-25-2014 10:37 PM)Anderson Costa Wrote:  This new update is very nice for me!!!

Oi, como vai você desse lado do Atlântico?
Eu fico viajando para muito lugar do Brasil (São Paulo, Rio, Belem, Porto Alegre), mas ainda não tive oportunidade de conhecer Minas Gerais. Talvez um dia, quem sabe!

I'm sorry guys for using Portuguese just a little here, I couldn't resist myself to say a special "hello" and Welcome to a Brazilian new member of this Forum.

I wonder what bug issues will be fixed in the next firmware release, as the initial post just comments on "New Functionality". Let us wait and see...

I'm very well...playing with HP Prime Virtual Calculator a lot!!!Visit Minas Gerais any day...it's a beautiful place for living!!! I prefer speak more English than a Portuguese, because Portuguese is very difficult for me...Thanks for Welcoming me...
It's May...any idea about the HP Prime firmware update release date???
05-14-2014, 12:35 PM
at the end of May

05-14-2014, 03:19 PM (This post was last modified: 05-14-2014 03:24 PM by Tim Wessman.)
So I would just like to point out that this was not someone authorized to be communicating future information (HP except in very rare, exceptional cases *NEVER* communicates future information of any kind) so when/if no updates arrive in May.... please don't blame HP as we didn't do it.

When/if something comes out, feel free to blame that something didn't come out sooner, that is didn't have feature X, that bug Y wasn't resolved, etc, but don't blame HP for not adhering to a timetable HP did not give.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
05-14-2014, 06:59 PM
not a good omen...

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)