15C LE - What the heck is a fair price?
05-07-2018, 09:57 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2018 10:05 PM by Tim Wessman.)
15C LE - What the heck is a fair price?
So apparently the 15C LE units are also now ridiculously priced and I don't have a CLUE what fair is anymore...

I have 5 - 15C LE units, out of boxes with a case. What would be a fair price to ask for each one?

[Image: IMG_20180507_143447.jpg]

I also have one, very special unit still in box. This is the unit I had them pull specifically for me from the first assembly batch and has the answer to everything contained within it - 00042 was the limited edition number I wanted. Smile (I also have the same on the 12C anniversary if anyone is interested in that one)

[Image: IMG_20180507_143608.jpg]

Should I just ask for offers? Or how should I go about doing that?

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2018, 11:06 AM
RE: 15C LE - What the heck is a fair price?
Hi Tim. I see a couple of options for what might be considered fair:

o Sell them on TAS to see what the market will pay; or

o Sell them at the current SwissMicros price for a DM15L ~$120.

Regards,

John
05-08-2018, 12:19 PM
I don’t know what a fair price is, but if you want to sell one for a reasonable price, I’d love to get one. I promise to put it to good use too Smile
05-08-2018, 12:26 PM
do you have one in a sealed unopened box ?
05-08-2018, 12:35 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2018 12:36 PM by Harald.)
(05-08-2018 11:06 AM)John Smitherman Wrote:  Hi Tim. I see a couple of options for what might be considered fair:

o Sell them on TAS to see what the market will pay; or

o Sell them at the current SwissMicros price for a DM15L ~$120.

Regards,

John

$120 certainly is NOT a fair price. At least not for Tim. I'll take all of them if he sells at that price.
I'd take one at $200 (wouldn't mind the 42 Smile). If that is a fair price or not, I don't have a clou. New in box ones have sold for $350.

Cheers,
Harald
05-08-2018, 12:42 PM
Tim,

On TAS, these LEs (nib, etc.) typically list for $399-$999, by sellers that are patient and willing to let them sit for weeks or months (and the 999 units will slowly creep down).

I'd say listing it here for $300 is reasonable and fair, and likely to sell more quickly, as I know you'd like to move it ASAP. I can't place an extra value on its special serial number, though I'm sure many folks would find this an easier/quicker buy decision because it is special.

hth

--Bob Prosperi
05-08-2018, 12:46 PM
Does anyone (Tim?) know how many were made in total? Or are you not allowed to say?
05-08-2018, 01:32 PM
I agree with Bob. I put one of my two 15LE's up on TAS about 2 years ago and the winning bid was north of $400. If you're interested in getting top dollar, list them on TAS starting in the $300 range. They should go reasonably fast.
~ Jim J. ~
05-08-2018, 02:26 PM
I sold one (to Hong Kong), new in box, only removed to test the keyboard, for $489 plus shipping, just a couple of months ago. Without the box or manual, in new condition, $250 seems to be reasonable.
05-08-2018, 04:54 PM
Ah, well if people are leaving them up for ages and slowly dropping the price that makes sense.

I don't remember exactly how many were made, but would not be able to share that information if I did. Sorry!

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
05-08-2018, 06:11 PM
(05-08-2018 12:42 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Tim,

On TAS, these LEs (nib, etc.) typically list for $399-$999, by sellers that are patient and willing to let them sit for weeks or months (and the 999 units will slowly creep down).

I'd say listing it here for $300 is reasonable and fair, and likely to sell more quickly, as I know you'd like to move it ASAP. I can't place an extra value on its special serial number, though I'm sure many folks would find this an easier/quicker buy decision because it is special.

hth

What absolute garbage, I just bought one for $132. ;-)
05-08-2018, 06:40 PM
(05-08-2018 06:11 PM)emersone12 Wrote:  
(05-08-2018 12:42 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Tim,

hth

What absolute garbage, I just bought one for $132. ;-)
It will tend to make a rather large difference whether it's NIB or if it's simply the calculator without any of the original packaging. Don't ask me why, but that seems to bid up the price. All I know is that someone paid over $400 for mine on TAS.
05-08-2018, 06:57 PM
(05-08-2018 06:11 PM)emersone12 Wrote:  What absolute garbage, I just bought one for $132. ;-)

Is that:

A) New in box and unused?

B) In USA?

C) A special serial number?

If so, I'll offer you $200 for it, to make a tidy profit!

--Bob Prosperi
05-08-2018, 07:08 PM
Would "signed by one of the programmers" increase the value?

Pauli
05-08-2018, 08:35 PM
(05-08-2018 06:57 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(05-08-2018 06:11 PM)emersone12 Wrote:  What absolute garbage, I just bought one for $132. ;-)

Is that:

A) New in box and unused?

B) In USA?

C) A special serial number?

If so, I'll offer you $200 for it, to make a tidy profit!

It is:

A) Totally irrelevant, it's cheaply made in China!

B) Cheaply Made in China probably for $30 or less incl. dodgey buttons! (Namir knows about that big time)

C) Totally irrelevant, it's cheaply made in China!

Buy the DM15L or USA models! ;-)

Is this you, everyone seems very sombre:

[Image: Carter10250901_s.jpg]
05-08-2018, 09:00 PM
@emersone12

Prices not always are linked to the cost of production. Last week in Rome I bought a 50 € cent coin card from Vatican at 4€ ! Prices depend on offer and demand.

PS : I have 2 15C LE one is NIB sealed and the other one is brand new even if opened. Wink

My site http://www.emmella.fr
05-08-2018, 10:18 PM
(05-08-2018 08:35 PM)emersone12 Wrote:  It is:

B) ...

Ah, the beauty of the free market system. Anyone can hold and state an opinion about what is relevant, or not. But the market does not care about any one person's opinion, and continues to operate as a free market does, trending towards whatever price that matches buyers with sellers. If one is accepting of a unit with missing documentation and/or packaging, with signs of previous use, and intermittent keys, then they will find the market will give them a lower buying price. If one is more discriminating, the market will tend to offer something to them that is suitable, however at higher price.

Bottom line: Relevancy (and conversely irrelevancy), like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. What is 'totally irrelevant' to one may be validly relevant to another.
05-08-2018, 10:46 PM
(05-08-2018 08:35 PM)emersone12 Wrote:  It is:

B) Cheaply Made in China probably for $30 or less incl. dodgey buttons! (Namir knows about that big time)

Buy the DM15L or USA models! ;-)

And yet, despite it's cheap construction and Chinese manufacturing heritage, you bought one too! I think that answers the big question, but otherwise, I'd guess the answers are: Not NIB, Not purchased in USA, and Not a special serial number. But most important, I saw no offer to sell it for the suggested profit.

These answers should help Tim to better understand the value of his unit.
Wink

--Bob Prosperi
05-09-2018, 02:02 AM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2018 04:47 AM by Dave Hicks.)
(05-08-2018 10:46 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  And yet, despite it's cheap construction and Chinese manufacturing heritage, you bought one too! I think that answers the big question, but otherwise, I'd guess the answers are: Not NIB, Not purchased in USA, and Not a special serial number. But most important, I saw no offer to sell it for the suggested profit.

Wink

[Moderator edit: It's fine to disagree but please do it without being insulting. Thank you.]
05-09-2018, 02:34 AM
(05-09-2018 02:02 AM)emersone12 Wrote:  Your statement is self-contradictory...

Ummmm... yeah, probably best to just leave it there.

Sorry if you took offence at any of the above; none was intended.

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)