Hi,

Tim, good bye farewell.

GĂ©rard.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-18-2018, 07:13 AM
RE: Tim Wessman Relocating Away from Fort Collins
Hi Tim,

all the best to you and your family. I hope you can continue your very much appreciated work for the wonderful world of calculators in Taipei and keep the calculators' flag up.

It is very far-sighted to preserve your calculator collection by passing it on to competent hands of posterity. I see this particularly under the aspect that only recently valuable testimonies of HP have been irretrievably lost in forest fires in Santa Rosa. I am therefore willing to take over valuable documentation and equipment for archiving and maintenance.

Best regards

Karl-Ludwig
04-18-2018, 02:38 PM
Tim we have never met, but I wish you the best for you and your family. Your children will be much better educated due to the moving.

(04-16-2018 08:23 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Now as to why I am posting this - I have collected a fairly large amount of various calculator related things over the past ~12 years or so and would prefer it to go to people who want/desire/need/value it.

Please don't throw anything away but if you have to, I'm just about 12 hours away, and I was wondering what day does your garbage man pick up?

Thanks
~~~~8< Art >8~~~~

PS: Please post more 50G stuff :)
04-18-2018, 04:21 PM
One disturbing thing I just discovered - my cabinet where I thought I had most of my old stuff sitting seems to have been emptied at some point. Hopefully it just had things moved elsewhere and didn't grown legs or something...

Even worse would be if someone found it, saw all the old stuff and said "wow, someone needed to clear this out a decade ago" and sent it off for recycling. Sad

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
04-18-2018, 05:43 PM
Oh oh, hopefully you will find it ... would be so sad.
The guy using my HP-81 for 30 years in our office already called the department to to it to scrap when he had no more space on his desk as he got a second LCD screen.
Just in the last moment when I was back from holidays could save it ...
People don't know of the community saving and collecting this human heritage.

Good luck in finding. And in Taiwan. I went there 3 times, very nice country. Very friendly people and very clean. Second especially compared to mainland China. (Sorry if VRC people are reading here and don't agree.)
04-18-2018, 06:44 PM
Tim,

I hope the best for you and your family on your new adventure. I can help with the leftover items or even stuff you don't want to deal with because of everything else you need to do for a move. As I am in Fort Collins no shipping is needed. Personally I'm currently looking for an HP-29 C and a HP-16C Owners handbook.

Try CC41!
04-18-2018, 10:11 PM
Hi Tim,

I would be interested in one of the 50G's if you still have one available.

Thanks,
Kerem
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-19-2018, 10:07 PM
Hello Tim,
what a change! true that technology today allow for working everywhere in 'virtual teams'.

I am sure you and your family will enjoy.

At this point we should move the HHC2018 closer to you this year! :+P

If for some reason you should find Taipei to be too exotic, please consider Italy as an option. :+)

i would be interested in books for the RPL family of calculators if you have any.

Good luck,

Giancarlo
04-19-2018, 10:26 PM
Tim, your new adventure sounds awesome. You and your family should do well there, and come out fine.

If you do find yourself with extra HP-50's looking for homes, please consider sending one to me. But put me at the VERY END of your list. I have a long ongoing unsuccessful search for a "new" HP Calculator that I can like or learn to love, but my discretionary funds to pursue this goal have been used up long ago and still no success. Perhaps the HP-50 is the answer I've been looking for?

Good luck, keep up the good work, and I hope to see you at future HHC Conferences, or other places around and about.
04-20-2018, 03:23 AM
Already send Tim an email.
One question though which one calculator that you will keep for yourself?

Gamo
04-20-2018, 03:30 PM
(04-20-2018 03:23 AM)Gamo Wrote:  One question though which one calculator that you will keep for yourself?

Prime of course! Best calculator ever made!!!! **ducks and hides to avoid thrown bricks**

I'll probably take along one of my blue 50G units, and probably a DM-41 I got at an HHC as a desk ornament. Don't really use it ever, but it is a nice talking point and very light weight.

Only have 10 suitcases at 2 per person so packing very light! Big Grin

TW

04-20-2018, 04:07 PM
You know how badly the airlines treat luggage. I'd suggest putting your 50g in one of those indestructible Precision Surveying Solutions cases if you still have one.
04-20-2018, 05:11 PM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2018 05:27 PM by Tim Wessman.)
(04-20-2018 04:07 PM)Den Belillo (Martinez Ca.) Wrote:  You know how badly the airlines treat luggage.

Will most likely be Air Canada, so I can blame Geoff when it goes wrong!

TW

04-21-2018, 03:03 PM
Sounds exciting, Tim! The best to you and the family in Taiwan.

And yes, I join the list of people who are interested in your collection. Please see the PMs.

Eddie
04-21-2018, 03:05 PM
(04-20-2018 03:30 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  
(04-20-2018 03:23 AM)Gamo Wrote:  One question though which one calculator that you will keep for yourself?

Prime of course! Best calculator ever made!!!! **ducks and hides to avoid thrown bricks**

I'll probably take along one of my blue 50G units, and probably a DM-41 I got at an HHC as a desk ornament. Don't really use it ever, but it is a nice talking point and very light weight.

Only have 10 suitcases at 2 per person so packing very light! Big Grin

I am a big fan of the Prime myself, so no bricks will be thrown from me.
04-22-2018, 08:13 PM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2018 03:49 AM by Wes Loewer.)
(04-16-2018 08:23 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  as well a good collection of newer stuff (a whole box of 50g units in almost new condition)

Were these by chance leftovers from your survey software/hardware days?
04-23-2018, 03:02 AM
Hi Tim.... You will be in the center of things that are moving, changing and accelerating. Best of luck for you and a wonderful adventure for your family. I hope the move goes smoothly and seamlessly. If you don't have your ham license, now would be a good time to get one. Easier to contact people in distant places.
Cheers! Jim J. (see you at HHC2018)
KC9YTH
04-23-2018, 11:04 PM
Thanks Tim for all you contributions to this group and other hp groups you have contributed to over the years. Your move sounds like an exciting opportunity for you and your family. I have found that change is usually very good if you embrace it. The only advice I can offer is that at the end of the day, year, decade or longer is that all you really have is your wife and children so always do what is best for them and everything else will fall into place. Be safe and enjoy your family.
Ronald Williams
05-07-2018, 09:51 PM
So final update:

Unfortunately, I have no idea where most of the old units went to... after cleaning out all my cabinets and most of the test lab they seem to have vanished. Sad

I found a few items that were at the house and am working to list them in the classifieds. I have remaining: (listed in classifieds section)

1 - 15c+ (yep, last one!)
1 - HP-41 in great shape
5 - 15C LE units (case and calc, no box)
1 - 15C LE in box, with the "limited edition" number of 42
1 - 12C Anniversary in box, with the "limited edition" number of 42
1 - 12C Anniversary in box, 24196 limited edition number
1 - 16C, logo missing, USA made
1 - 12C, logo missing, USA made, battery door missing

TW

07-19-2018, 06:14 AM
Tim, I only came across this thread while browsing old posts in the forum today. How are you liking Taipei after living there several months? I would assume you and the family speaking Chinese by now? :-)

I myself have been in Japan continuously since 1994 (I'm originally from central CA). Asia certainly is different in many respects from the USA, but I've grown accustomed to it. I've been a Taiwan a few times on business, including Taipei. The weather there is quite consistently hot and humid whenever I go there. Certainly a huge change in weather from Colorado, especially during the winter months.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)