Lost ability to insert smilies
04-08-2018, 11:06 PM
Lost ability to insert smilies
I seem to have lost the ability to insert smilies into my posts.

Please see:
http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-10469.html
Post #8

The editor that I get when I create a new thread or reply to a thread has a bunch of tools, like insert image, insert link, insert formatted code, etc, but it does not offer me the tool to insert a smiley. I've tried 8), 8-), 8D, and the like, but they just show up as old-school typed smiles. Didn't there used to be a tool to select the smiley that you want, or am I confused with other forums?

I looked around to see if I get the option to switch to advanced editing, as is sometimes available on other forums, but I cannot find any way to do that.

I've looked at my User CP for anything that I may have switched erroneously, but I cannot see anything obvious there, either.

I see below the message that I am editing that there is a box to check if I want to disable smilies from appearing in this current post - and, no, I do not have that checked.

Is there something obvious that I am too dense to see? Should I log out and log back in again, or something simple like that?

Thanks, in advance, for your patience and suggestions.

smp
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2018, 11:26 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2018 11:28 PM by Joe Horn.)
RE: Lost ability to insert smilies
I had the same question a while ago, and got these replies:

http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-596...ml#pid4175

Needless to say, click "Quote" on a posting to see its "source code", to see how they obtained a smiley.

You are probably remembering an "insert smiley / emoticon" from another board, since this one has no such feature (as far as I can tell).

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-08-2018, 11:34 PM
(04-08-2018 11:26 PM)Joe Horn Wrote:  I had the same question a while ago, and got these replies:

http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-596...ml#pid4175

Needless to say, click "Quote" on a posting to see its "source code", to see how they obtained a smiley.

You are probably remembering an "insert smiley / emoticon" from another board, since this one has no such feature (as far as I can tell).

Thanks very much, Joe! I’m not surprised to find that I’m confused again. Wink

smp
04-08-2018, 11:37 PM
Oops, it looks like the link to Massimo's table of smileys is broken. Here it is on my server:

[Image: ACP_Config_Smilies.png]

Determining which of these work on this board is left as an exercise for the student. Wink

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-
04-08-2018, 11:41 PM
I couldn't resist. Wow, they all work! Exclamation But postings are limited to 10 images maximum. So don't overdo the smileys. Wink

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-
04-09-2018, 12:35 AM
(04-08-2018 11:41 PM)Joe Horn Wrote:  I couldn't resist. Wow, they all work! Exclamation But postings are limited to 10 images maximum. So don't overdo the smileys. Wink

Thanks very much, Joe! Smile

smp
04-09-2018, 09:31 AM
Very useful thread, I particularly like Undecided

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)